Roland TD30KV vs Yamaha DTX 7xx

dnnypwnsyou

i'm looking for opinions on both because i've the TD30KV and i was wondering if i made the wrong choice, although some may say it's down to personal preference on the mesh and silicon pads what not. maybe you guys can give me some thoughts on this?

hi. If you already have owned the Roland TD30KV then good for you!
The module of TD30 is nowhere near DTX 700. You can't even compare it. They are worlds apart.

TD30 module offers more of many things (sounds, functions, features, etc..) and they are all way better than DTX 700.

As far as the pads are concerned, I have to admit that Yamaha pads offer a much more genuine resemblance with coated drum heads. When I close my eyes playing them, the feeling is very similar to that of an acoustic set.

However, the sound wise just turns me off.

I would personally play with a mesh head (although has more rebound than a real skin), the rebound difference is not very far off from the common tension of snare drum, with a great sounding kit. Rather than something which feels good physically but sounds poor.

It is true that you can hook up VST to your drum module for better drum sounds. But if you're going to do that, I don't see a point in spending a bomb on your edrum.

This is just my own opinions. Feel free to reject them if you don't agree to them.

I would think it would be fairer to compare the Roland td30kv and the Yamaha Dtx900k instead,

I like the feel of Roland cymbals myself, and i like the fact that the mesh heads are changable, but there is something that i am not impressed with roland is the fact that the crashes does not have a bell trigger,
The snare drum only has one trigger for the rim and if you cross stick too hard, you get a rim shot sound.

What i like about Yamaha is the fact that it has 3 zone trigger on all its cymbal except the hi hat,
And for the snare, you get to hit between 2 seperate rim trigger to get either a cross stick, or rim shot sound, you will never get a rim shot sound when playing a cross stick.

Furthermore, the Yamaha dtx900k has functions for you to add on your own sounds into the module, and you can plug in a microphone and record your own sounds using your voice.

If anyone is interested in getting a Yamaha dtx drum set for a good price, Sms me at 81682441.

Hi, I'm interested to consider either TD30 or DTX700 / DTX900.
What is the guideprice in Singapore?

Back