Roland TD 3 Vs TD 6v

snuffleupagus

Hi guys, Ive been using a PINTECH ejam that came with the Roland TD-3 module and I have recently upgraded(purchased from L.A) the module to a TD 6v.

I must say that the bass kick /cymbals/toms sound much better than the TD 3, but the snare...hmm, TD 3 sounds slightly more pronounced...the response is much much better.

Im using mesh heads by the way, but the response trigger is not as reactive as when compared to using the TD 3 for snare applications.

Any of you guys have either of these models of modules?

Any advice on whether the trigger sensitivity of the TD 6v can be enhanced?I've mucked around with the manual and the module but can't seem to rectify it.(could it be decay settings?)

Thanks! :D

I had a TD-6V that I used for my acoustic kit conversion 2 years ago..it's a shot in the dark here, but I think there may be something called "threshold" that you can adjust. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, cos it's been ages since I played with it.

Or it could also be that your snare trigger is starting to show signs of wear..after all, it's the thing you hit most isn't it? :)

own a td-6

yea, something about the "threshold". maybe meddle around the advanced settings abit till you see better results.

Sometimes i switch my snare to floor toms, hehe, mesh skins expensive, can save some wearing =x

Back