River Maya Bring The House Down At MOSAIC

yea they were cool. it was the first time i ever saw them live, in fact the first time i actually listened to so many of their songs. rivermaya, they're amazing live but the crowd couldve been better. :wink:

Rivermaya's crowd was largely the filipino population in Singapore.
i gotta say triple thumbs up for the sound lah...smashing.
Can't wait for the Latin/Salsa nite later tonight.. :)

EIC was spectacular too laaa...they got the audience captivated and entertained for the 2 sets.
Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al" ringing thru my mind all the way home.
and also the Fiona Xie song...hahaha..toing toing toing toing..

saw Satch!

but the most "spectaculest" is Annabelle and Vivian.hubba hubba.. :smt055

Haiz wish i was there....Long time no see big gig loh.

Vivian.....God obviously made men equal, but we forget to specify women as well.

GrimBrody said:
EIC was spectacular too laaa...they got the audience captivated and entertained for the 2 sets.

yea.. the part where rai keeps repeating "We all need some.. sexual.. healin'" before they started maroon5's sunday morning was hilarious :p

I 1st saw RIVERMAYA at the finals of POWERJAM 98 at ZOUK & to me they were the best band on the night....(guest artiste that is)..so much talent and raw energy from such young guys....

RIVERMAYA kicks ass!

IM amazed there so many kababayan watch river maya ....and ive seen so many pretty filipina gurls hahahahaha ....and the band play there old songs it really felt soothing to the soul to listen the music that u brought up with and still have impact to alot of kabayan,,,,MABUHAY ANG NOYPI ASTIG !!!!!!! :D

RIVERMAYA ROCKS! They're so cool man, that was the first time I've heard alot of their songs and the first time I saw them live. I've still got their songs stuck in my head now! :D

The drummer is UBER CUTE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:)

3notesAbar said:
Vivian.....God obviously made men equal, but we forget to specify women as well.

here's some eye candy for you ler! the ladies are walking ard and my camera cant take clear pics at night.lol. didnt manage to get pictures of Rivermaya as there's too many people and im jus too short. -_-""

and Eic is.....fantastic. :heart:

P1010041.jpg

vivianandannabelle.jpg

eic.jpg

jackandrai.jpg

melvin3.jpg

s.jpg

jack.jpg

enjoy:)

fallenmaples - i think i saw u! u were the one who used the stage as a stable ground for your dv cam/digicam right? :?

:s

Perplexed said:
fallenmaples - i think i saw u! u were the one who used the stage as a stable ground for your dv cam/digicam right? :?

:oops: erm.ssssssh!!!!!

hmm. are u the guy with the bass sitting in the front row???

RIVERMAYA TOTALLY ROCKS!!!!

though i didn't understand a thing but their tagalog song was awesome!!! loved it to the max!!

their energy..spectacular!!!

and EIC!!! wahaha...gonna be watching them at timbre this wed for sure! and more wala nights!

:D

Rivermaya was amazing indeed... since i've been at the entire music festival, they have had the most crowd support, the most crowd count and the most alive sound. (second would be ronin :D and third, today's salsa jam by the afro cubans)

after i finished work i ran up to get one of their albums and sign it for my friend who is a pinoy, lol.

i think the most amazing thing was how the guitarist did the first set so nicely with the acoustic, and ended the powerhouse set with melodic, moderate shred. packed a punch, they did.

i'm hoping they'll have another Mosaic next year. more work, more $, more live bands, whahaha...

fallenmaples said:
:oops: erm.ssssssh!!!!!

hmm. are u the guy with the bass sitting in the front row???
dun think so.. i sat on front row left side though, with a camera tripod :)

CrispyEgg said:
Rivermaya was amazing indeed... since i've been at the entire music festival, they have had the most crowd support, the most crowd count and the most alive sound. (second would be ronin :D and third, today's salsa jam by the afro cubans)
ugh.. i missed out! damn..

before i procrastinate anymore, here's my EIC shots..

20060318_eic01.jpg

20060318_eic02.jpg

20060318_eic03_jack.jpg
20060318_eic03_rai.jpg

20060318_eic04.jpg

20060318_eic05_joseph.jpg

20060318_eic06.jpg

no shots of keyboardist.. didnt haf a decent angle.. :oops:

last nite's salsa jam was DA BOMB! Alma Latino was already getting the crowd all hyped up..and when the Afro Cuban All Stars reached backstage all of us were in eager anticipation of what's to come.
The horns section jst went in and joined, the keyboardist came in and picked up straightaway, then slowly all the singers came in. Juan De Marcos Gonzalez(Quincy Jones of Cuba) cuts a fatherly figure with his greying locks and cigar in hand, singing and suddenly playing bass at one point of the song.
Soon the Afro Cubans invaded the stage and took over everything, changing instruments amongst themselves, the singers from IRESON dancing the salsa, till it came to a point that the whole crowd got up and danced along to the spicy salsa. they played for like half an hour i think! the crowd wanted more so Nasir and Alma Latino played 2 more songs to wrap it up. I was hopin the Afro Cubans would come on again but i guess when they jam, they really JAM and things could go on for the whole nite.haha. :D

Perplexed said:
dun think so.. i sat on front row left side though, with a camera tripod :)

ooh.ok.i think i saw u too.

nice shots! :) .

the afro cuban were.... awesome. i was blown away.
:oops: blergh..and i've got shaky hands n i'm not very good at photography.so pardon any bad pics.

Picture040.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Picture052.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture056.jpg

damnnn...

the way you guys described it.. making me feel some serious salsa envy hah! i'm happy for you all lah.

did people get up to dance? music like salsa & latina is simply not meant for sitting down!

Back