Ritchie Kotzen's Solo on "Burn"

Fruitwine

hi all, first post for me ^^ anyhow, i was wondering if anyone had the tabs for Ritchie Kotzen's Solo on Mr. BIG's conver of Deep Purple's Burn.

also, for any who have managed to watch the video of them performing the afore-mentioned song, any idea how to play that riff that goes from the top(thickest) string to the bottom most(high E) string? it doesnt seem quite to be a sweep, and he appears to have skipped some strings somewhere along the line. :S the speed at which he does it befuddles the eyes, so if anyone could shed some light on the topic? :D thanks in advance!

Hahaha... that is an AWESOME piece of guitar playing. :)

Richie is known for his super smooth legato pentatonics... I wouldn't be surprised those sweeps have a lot of legato note inbetween strings...

BUT

What sweep are you referring to? I've posted up this song recently, link off from billy sheehan's website... why don't you listen and give the timing.. or at least tell us where it happens? (Verse 1? Chorus 3?)

:p

lol, i wholeheartedly agree! i watched the vid last time, but reformatted my pc, so poof it went :S thanks to u, i've got the mp3 now :D

alright, it happens between 2.48 to 2.51, though he does it a once or twice more later.

i think i know what u are talking about.. i had the song for quite some time already and i love it.... i am trying to figure it out myself... i think he skipped the 4th string and ended on the 2nd... ya... anybody knoe where to find the tabs?

yea, that part stinks bigtime :D not that it stinks sound wise, but it stinks when a poor lil' noob :oops: like me thinks its cool, and end up sitting in front of the computer for a few hours straight thinking "how the .... did he do it?"

anyhow, if u r using guitar pro ( or the demo ) u can go to mysongbook.com for a rather inaccurate tab x.x

the tab on mysongbook.com totally sux... u see... the guitar solo is actually the solo on the deep purple version... only different position... it also has that organ solo right after the guitar solo... something the mr.big version dun have... even the bass solo for sheehan was inaccurate

Latest posts

Back