Rg7321

mattbella

Hi softies,gotta question.i haf a RG7321 fer like few mnths but i haven been usin it much.
IM just wonderin if izzit possible to use the 7th string as an E string and have the high E on the 2nd string?
Or wad do u suggest coz its kinda weird playin the normal tuning with an extra string(7th).im a beginner n i got this guitar as a gift so mind me askin this kinda noob questions =)
Good day softies!

I think it's possible...just that i don't know what is the last string's tuning going to be.

And i think it is much harder to play since you have wider fretboard compared to a 6 string guitar.

I think 7-strings were initially made for metal players because metal players like to downtune to B or around there. The 7-string allows both - the 7th string is B, but below that its back to EADGBe. So the tuning for a typical 7-string is BEADGBe.

Best of both worlds. Low tuning and standard tuning in one. But quite pointless if you don't play metal, though some metal players (mostly shredders) still prefer the good 'ol 6-string because of the thinner fretboard.

Max Cavalera uses a 6-string but removes his B and e string, since he doesn't use them. You can do the same, though you'll be using a thick fretboard. You can remove the top B string.

And i think it is much harder to play since you have wider fretboard compared to a 6 string guitar.

many people would have thought that the wider the neck, the more difficult to play- but it's subjective & relates to how the player can adapt to the dimensions.

when i play my 7/8, it doesn't feel excruciating, in fact, my left hand seems to be enjoying the wider fretboard... :cool:

hmm....tnx Eugene.maybe i'll try that.although i know its gonna be real weird =)
but worth the try.hehe.

Back