rehousing for boss pedal???

kym

is there such thing as rehousing for boss type pedals???

if yes, where can i get such services or repairs? cost?

try blueark. i think the website is theblueark customised solutions, or just google it lah. he can rehouse boss pedals. hes done some work for me before and he does a great job. price you got to check with him tho, hes a real nice guy and great to yak about gear with, but you mite have to be a bit patient with timing. check him out. highly recommended.

i wanna rehouse mine coz mine is like kinda worn le. its so bad that almost all the paint comes off, and it appears that the metal chasis is rusting. most boss pedal quite affordable, so might as well buy a new one. but mine is a mij ds1, so got some vintage value, thus i m not discarding it.

i mean, if u have like a sg1 or rv2or3 or dm2or3 or something super vintage, its definitely a keeper no matter how it looks or functions right? this mij ds1 is the only pedal i have that comes close to be labelled "vintage", so i m keeping it.

Last edited:
The enclosure for the boss pedals are aluminum I think, they won't rust. What you see is probably corrosion. If you want to keep the vintage value, I don't recommend rehousing it as that will actually drop it's value (unless I'm as famous as Pete Cornish).

What I can do for you is clean up the internals, maybe replace the jacks if they're rusting. I could probably sand down the enclosure to make the whole thing silver, but I really think keeping the vintage look is very cool. Maybe I could sand down the corroded areas and clean it up so it still looks worn and vintage without looking dirty and grimy.

OOOoooo.... it appears that most have the opinion that the more worn the pedal looks, the more 'vintage' it is. guess i will just leave it as it is.

but there is always this fear that the thing will just break apart. scary.

hmmm... how abt just getting the knobs? coz one of the knob is missing. need replacement. theblueark, u have them?

what you could do alternatively is go to seekz custom werkz for a re-housing..i know they do it...his nick is seekz if i am not wrong..

I don't have the original boss knobs but I have these:

keeleyds1ultra1.jpg

Back