Red Devils 2010 - 2011

we have to understand this is a different team as opposed to the stellar one during their golden period- not defending them of course. not a fan of any teams, in fact.

manure fans talking trash about liverpool in a manure thread, what's so surprising? most manure fans in SG are glory hunters anyway, if manure isn't doing well they'll switch to other teams. absolutely no loyalty.

not refering to you, bro sub. but i'm just pissed with some manure fans in SG, 1 of which have commented in this thread. we've got spurs fans, newcastle fans, everton fans, forest fans, pool fans who supported their respective teams through thick and thin all these years, then now we have young punk self proclaimed "diehard" manure fans talking trash about other teams. these manure fans are nothing more than glory hunters, going where the wind blows, they are the ones who should be ridiculed, not the real diehards.

nobody's flaming you my friend, just that we should be mindful of saying certain things which concern loyalty following. it's like Gibson fans would be pissed if we say Les Pauls today are trash-grade compared to the ones made back then. in any case, we sometimes don't mean it but others don't see it this way. in fact, they get taunted by what they read, especially here in the faceless world of the internet.

party-smiley-550.gif

these manure fans are nothing more than glory hunters, going where the wind blows, they are the ones who should be ridiculed, not the real diehards.

i understand bro- Man U were once relegated; where were the fans back then? he he... taunt-free/ frictionless forums are near extinct these days but i see the positive in this- we are definitely passionate with our firm beliefs.

nobody's flaming you my friend, just that we should be mindful of saying certain things which concern loyalty following. it's like Gibson fans would be pissed if we say Les Pauls today are trash-grade compared to the ones made back then. in any case, we sometimes don't mean it but others don't see it this way. in fact, they get taunted by what they read, especially here in the faceless world of the internet.

party-smiley-550.gif

i'm proud to say i'm a liverpool fan from the mid 90s roy evans era, when we already had a drought of trophies. somehow you don't get fans from other teams talking trash, it's always the manures, and ironically they are the ones who should be ridiculed for their glory hunter mentality.

i kinda see it as a singapore thing- people associating themselves with winning more than seeing the real objective in gloryfying the championship.

i kinda see it as a singapore thing- people associating themselves with winning more than seeing the real objective in gloryfying the championship.

yes. and you don't see locals supporting the s-league!!!!! ask a manure fan if they support any s-league team and they'll tell you that you are crazy.

I apologize if i appear to be snobbish and fickle . And also i apologize for my insensitive comments regarding liverpool. Your views of current Man Utd fans may be right to a certain extent but i would i like to state my stand. I purely support Man Utd for the love of soccer and not to seek glory as you have said. However you seem to have forgotten about other fans too. Are man utd fans the only ones guilty of the above? I don't think so. And to add on points, if I were "nothing more than glory hunters, going where the wind blows, " shouldn't i be a chelsea fan now since they won the league last year? Please do not stereotype. Perhaps it's due to a generation gap or whatever, i do not believe a few statements made by me, which was meant to be said in a joking-manner, requires the use of the word "punk". And also I clearly did not say i'm a die-hard fan of man utd. In no way did i say i was ready to kill anyone if they insulted man utd. Having said that, if you wish to continue to flame me, by all means. i can't change what u wanna think of me.

It's very easy to call Man U fans glory hunters. Simply cos we're winning things. I wasn't alive yet when Liverpool were winning everything. I'm sure everyone called their fans glory hunters.

I'll admit, I've seen quite a number of kids who jump on the Man Utd bandwagon when they won the treble, and then when they started sucking badly 2002 and 2003 they bailed and stop watching soccer altogether. At least they didn't jump over to Chelsea. Yeah those guys are glory hunters alright. Check out the Mexicans, who claim that they are DIE HARD Man Utd fans, when they actually only started supporting Man Utd cos Javier Hernandez is a Utd player today. When he leaves, yeah they'll probably support the club he plays for next.

I've just grown to realise, there's no point in arguing with another supporter of a different club about these kinda things. Soccer has become such a sensitive topic I don't tease any other club or any supporter of a different club. I usually keep my comments to us Man Utd fans. Arguing about who's better, bragging rights, what bullshit, it's pointless cos it's a never ending argument. I just prefer to support my team passionately and not get involved with other fans.

Only issue with you, Vanhalen, just chill and support your own team and take your frustrations out elsewhere. I like your passion about soccer. Glory hunters really should go kill themselves, no matter what team they support. But then you gotta understand, as kids, or as humans, we always want to be on the winning side right? When I was a kid I supported Manutd cos I saw them beat Arsenal 6-1. I was so impressed and I have followed them ever since. I've grown so passionate about Manutd that I can say with utmost confidence that I will support them through thick or thin.

Back