Recording Vocals

HF Theory

Hello!

Thanks for stopping this thread!

I'd like to seek advice, if anyone here knows,

How to record cleans & growl vocals using the following.

Podfarm Vocal Presets & AT2020 (Phantom Powered)

Recently have had troubles trying to make the vocals sound clean and clear and sit well within mix.

Any pointers in terms of the gears within Podfarm I could use.

Anyone keen to share their rig when it comes to recording vocals?

Any tips would be really appreciated!

Thanks fellas!

I am using the AT2020 for recording cleans and screamy kinda stuff too. One thing about the AT2020 is that its pretty harsh on the highs and loud stuff, but for certain kind of screams it works just fine.

I too have pod farm but I dont use it for vocals at all, you should probably look at compression to let the vocals sit and not let its levels fluctuate around too much, and of course eq-ing the other instruments so that it doesn't really get in the way of the vocals for example.

I've recently stumbled upon a goldmine of free plugins over at http://antress.blogspot.sg/ , you can make up your own vocal chain with those free plugins alone.

You can check out some of the stuff I've tracked with the AT2020 HERE and HERE.

My signal chain is just AT2020 -> Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 , in my DAW I usually have:
eq -> multi-band comp/comp -> delay -> reverb , might have a de-esser somewhere but depends on the track.

Hey mate!

Checked out your stuff, sick!

I like how the vocals are sitting nicely in the mix.

Drums are sounding especially clear and well seated.

Would love to learn more of your mixing techniques.

Thanks for the plugin page mate!

How do you rig up for your vocal recording?

"My signal chain is just AT2020 -> Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 , in my DAW I usually have" -> This here, just straight to DAW? how dya activate DAW to get signal from AT2020 without using podfarm?

This here, just straight to DAW? how dya activate DAW to get signal from AT2020 without using podfarm?

I'm not sure what you're referring to here but the Saffire is my audio interface so all I have to do is to set the input of one of my tracks in my DAW to INPUT 1 of my Saffire and that's all I've got to do. I'm only using Podfarm as a plugin in the DAW as I own an X3 Live which doesn't allow me to use the standalone app.

Latest posts

Back