Need Recording Studio, Engineer, Production - Vocals/Acoustic/Ambient Project

tixe

Been in SG a few years now and longing to finally record some songs that have been hanging around too long! Have not recorded here previously, so looking for all around help on this personal project. Simple songs, but fairly serious about production and sound quality.

Focus will be on vocal, acoustic guitar (steel string), and a few overdubs/other tracks to add ambience. Not drums or anything too typical or noisy. Definitely somewhere in that ambient/alternative/art pop vibe - if you know David Sylvian, a few of Beck's songs from Sea Change, Blur's Think Tank, Kings of Convenience, Iron & Wine, some of Radiohead's ballads, The Church, Frente, Ryan Adam's cover of Wonderwall, Sam Prekop, old Tanita Tikaram - you know what I'm going for?

I'm looking for a little more than just an hourly recording rate for this project - would like to find someone with similar tastes/interest in this sound who can give production and arrangement advice. Ideally a multi-instrumentalist producer engineer with a recording studio - ha ha!

Any suggestions on the right studios or contacts to start with? Any questions on this project before you steer me in the right direction?

Back