recording help!!

epiphoneSG

hi can anyone help me?
i recorded using my line6 pod xt live and for the first few seconds turn out alright but after that it began to sound like alien and distorted..
is my setup wrong or something else?
i plug my guitar to the line 6 pod xt live and using a 1/8 cable which leads from the line 6 pod xt live(earphone slot) to the computer mic in port..the output was to the amp so i can hear what i am playing..

any kind souls there knows how to solve this problem?

What sounds distorted? The signal coming out from your POD or the signal coming into your computer. What gear are you using to record? If you can provide more details of your signal chain we could see what went wrong where.

Should connect via USB, not like that. I've tried it and it'll cause latency issues, meaning when you play something, there will be like a lag. Also depends on your com, if there's not enough processing power, it won't sound as good as it should be also..

Bro,

I think your mic input is just overloaded. I think you're driving the signal from your POD to the computer way too hot for the mic input to handle.

http://line6.com/podxtlive/rearpanel.html

Go check the Line 6 website for any drivers to be installed on your computer for the POD XT live as an interface. Do you have any recording software? If so, connect your POD to your computer via the USB hub and it should install as an interface, if you are running on a Mac OS then double check on how to configure your audio devices.

Once in your recording software, set the input for the recording channel as your POD XT live, click arm and you should see signal going into your software, click record and off you go.

Back