Recommendations of GOOD singing schools

Do you enjoy singing?

• Uh...not really...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

angelixangel

Hi,

I have just signed up, so please guide me along. Thanks! :)

Now, I am looking for a good singing school in Singapore, to guide me and further develop my singing skills. I am very serious about this, as I aspire to walk the pathway of a professional singer, since singing is my love! Yes!!! :)

So, if you do have a school in mind, please tell me. For extra information, I have sung in choirs and have about 2 years of training and one chance of performance.

Also, I have checked out Lee Wei Song School of Music, Replugged Music and Intune Music School. So, please don't recommend these three schools again. Thanks and have a nice day.

Ok...sure...but I'll take some time to work out the demo...

May I clarify, when someone means sing a demo, does it mean sing the whole song or just an extract?

Also, do you want me to sing a English song or a Chinese song?

Lastly, the songs that I might be singing are also original, meaning composed by me. So, if there is no accompaniment, is it alright?

Last edited:
@angelixangel - It depends on you, really. But most people at least cover the first verse and last chorus, because most, if not all songs have high pitch emphasis on the ending moments of a song, to showcase your vocal capabilities.

@Tetragrammation - Man, I don't know of any vocalists who make singing as their career, not have a vocal coach. There is so much to learn in the field of singing, it is like doing a degree in university.

Music schools?

Why are the 3 schools no good? I am interested to learn singing too. perhaps you can save me a trip.

o.0 which post are you referring to? Anyways, I am now a student of 'The Music Clinic', so, yup, enjoyed my first lesson there! ;)

Music Schools

You mentioned 3 schools at your very first post: Lee Wei Song School of Music, Replugged Music and Intune Music School. No good?

I live near Lavander MRT so Lee Wei Song School of Music and Replugged is near my place........ and Intune is a bit further off near Dhoby Ghaut. Music Clinic would be much further off, being situated near Outram.

Can give me some advice?

hahaz, no no...i think you misunderstood my post. When I say please don't refer to that three schools again, I meant that I hagev already known enough about it and would like to know about other school.

Um, for me I feel that if you really have that passion in singing and would like to have a better chance of performing a big stage, you can go for Lee Wei Song School of Music. However, you must bear in mind the fees are super expensive... For replugged, if you want to go for group lesson, there are new slots open, so faster go and register!!! ;) The fees for Replugged school is unknown...since they never reply my mail or answered my call... -.-'' Then as what it is posted online, Intune gives students chance to perform in a regular basis...so...you can consider it too. ;)

Previously i was with Echo Music. Course fees are cheap but stuff taught are quite boring... Now i'm with Tino Live Music. Classes are personally taught by a star instructor and i feel that i'm improving more. Finally not so many ah ah ahs. Though it's a little more $$$ hehe.

You can google their website. Nice place.

Previously i was with Echo Music. Course fees are cheap but stuff taught are quite boring... Now i'm with Tino Live Music. Classes are personally taught by a star instructor and i feel that i'm improving more. Finally not so many ah ah ahs. Though it's a little more $$$ hehe.

You can google their website. Nice place.

Hey mmsedated, I was actually considering Echo Music, what course did you took that was boring? I'll be sure to avoid that one ;)

REAL PROPER Singing lessons, where you will be taught the proper way to breathe while singing from the diaphragm, and learn the rudiments of music – in this way, you learn to project and develop more power and volume in your voice, extend your range, you learn to pitch more accurately, and your voice becomes clearer and smoother, and also really learn to read music like real musicians do.

The human voice is an instrument, and whatever you are singing, there are the corresponding notes to it. You should learn the notes to what you are singing!!
So, in addition to proper breathing and pitching techniques, you will be taught the rudiments of music (using the piano), for you to learn to read notes, to know the keys to your songs, to sightsing, to count in the differentiate time signatures, the different genres of music, etc. You can choose whatever song genre you want to sing in – be it pop, jazz, blues, theatre and classical.

All of the above techniques and rudiments are taught, while I play the piano myself for you to sing scales, to practise proper voice placement and note reading, and I accompany you myself while you are singing songs, NOT using instrumental tracks/karaoke. Teachers who teach singing using instrumental tracks because they are not able read and play music themselves to able , are just teaching you JUST TO MIMIC and COPY SOUNDS LIKE A PARROT! If your teacher has no knowledge of reading music, and cannot accompany you, and is grabbing sounds from the air to teach you, this is inadequate singing training!

The fact is, Singers are musicians, too, and aside from singing, they should be taught to read music, too. A proper singing education will not only teach you to learn to sing but will make you educated in the rudiments of music. If you also want your singing lessons to be accredited or certified, I can prepare you for the Trinity or ABRSM Singing Exams.

Lessons at $60 per 45 min session. Performance/Vocal coaching is also available for semi- professional and professional singers, or for those going for a singing audition. Email me at ladybird@pacific.net.sg for any more enquiries, or call 96512921.

Back