Recommendation for a hi-hat clutch?

weckl-x

Was playing in church today (man, it's amazing to finally play after weeks of being bogged down in school.), and the hi-hat clutch was pretty horrible - It'll loosen after 2-3 songs. The one that came with my current stagestar is pretty terok too, so no hope of bringing it along when I play.

Thinking of getting a replacement for it.

What do you guys use? Any recommendations?

The one that came with my ex Pearl RT kit was awesome, even though it was just stock.

cos i noticed pearl has a slightly thicker shaft..

i bought this to replace the clutch on my tama roadpro hats stand
it doesn't fit :(

Thanks for the link, RSM. I'll try to checkout SL. But yeah, it probably won't fit on a tama stand though.

cos i noticed pearl has a slightly thicker shaft..

Actually, I believe it is Tama that has a thicker hi-hat rod.

i tried it out on my roadpro stand and i've tightened it to the max but it just drops right through
it's brand new, definitely not worn out or something

anyway, anyone who have had positive experiences fitting this clutch on tama stands do let us all know! :)

Ah I'm using the DW clutch now... I think its one of the better ones out there, but personally I think the yamaha clutches are the best (citation needed. :p sorry done too many damned essays recently).

I remember using a cheap hihat clutch from rankin for a while... don't recall myself having any problems with it leh..

i don't suppose you are doing NIE studies?
u made be blink twice at that word too bro!

CITATION! YIKES!

haha no lah i'm working on a political sci and a seperate history essay. citations suck.

HAHA. we are sad people bro.

I don't know if anyone else has found it difficult to get hi-hat clutches.

So just a heads up for those looking - SweeLee (BB) has a couple of Pearl DCL300P drop clutches and a couple of basic Tama clutches.

Yes hi-hat clutch is definitely one of the most overlooked drum gadgets out there. More often than not, we worry more about the hi-hat stand or the hi-hat stand pedal, but forget that the clutch is the one that affects the most out of the hi-hat sound.

You guys having problems with Tama stands? The Pearl one I'm using is fine, and I've tried Ranking's hi hat clutch on it, and it works fine. Works fine for the stands at Fourtones too. Shouldn't be a problem?

the one thats from ranking i think is the Carlos stock hi-hat clutch.
i've got mine with my carlos drumset, been using for 3 years now, no problems.
i'm not too sure if its different from alvyns one cos i know that ranking has changed their carlos equipment during this 3 year period. the place where its suposed to be 2 felts is replaced by the mapex kinda plastic "disks". kinda prefer that to felt holding a hi-hat down. lets it ring better.

I have a Yamaha HS650 hihat stand. Anyone know if the Pearl drop clutch can fit?

Looking a good/very good clutch for better sound and grip!

:eek:

Back