Recommend Pedals

ThisIsTheEnd

So i'm looking for a delay and overdrive pedal. I have a budget of $200. I've heard good things about the coolcat transparent OD. That would leave me about 170 for the delay. Any recommendations? I play RHCP, Muse, mostly modern rock, Paramore. Stuff like that. I also play Metal.

Thanks

I can personally vouch for the Coolcat Transparent Overdrive. I bought it for fun, as a toy really; just to check out what the hype is all about. And now it has a permanent place on my board.

What kind of delay pedals are you looking for? Simple analog delays? If so you can consider the MXR Carbon Copy Delay. I saw one going for $180 here on Soft's Guitar EFX Buy/Sell.

oh ok. I'll go and try the coolcat then. Any other recommendations for delay? I've seen good reviews about the carbon copy.

+1 for the cool cat
like phil said..
i bought it as a toy as well but its now a permanent fix on my board.
But do remember that the cool cat does not have obsecene amounts of gain. great for boosting and some light overdriven tones but not really for metal.

as for delay units, i'll recommend a line 6 echo park
its pretty good and value for money.
wait for a used unit to pop up.
street value is about $150 - $180
:)

Yeah, you got your modulated delays, your natural delays, digital delays.

I guess a good starting point would be the boss dd7.

carbon copy is off our budget i guess.

try ibanez de-7 or boss dd3 2nd hand.

simple and straight forward delay. ibanez de-7 lasted me 4 yrs before i changed to my current t-rex reptile. cheers! :)

Then why are you using a dd7. ):

you obviously dont know how to read....TS has mentioned that his budget is 170 bucks for a delay. How to buy a DD7?

A dd7 will cost at least 220 second hand and 260 brand new - obviously way out of budget.

Last edited:
carbon copy is off our budget i guess.

try ibanez de-7 or boss dd3 2nd hand.

simple and straight forward delay. ibanez de-7 lasted me 4 yrs before i changed to my current t-rex reptile. cheers! :)

Ditto! DE-7 pink for the win!

Been using mine for at least 7 years now... :p

So i'm looking for a delay and overdrive pedal. I have a budget of $200. I've heard good things about the coolcat transparent OD. That would leave me about 170 for the delay. Any recommendations? I play RHCP, Muse, mostly modern rock, Paramore. Stuff like that. I also play Metal.

Thanks

buy Electro Harmonix Pedals. They ARE the best.

=Cmaj7add9

Care to elaborate?

Anyway i think i'll be getting a dd3 as some of you have mentioned, since for others i have to wait for a seller to pop up.

Edit: Actually if the DD7 is really worth it, i don't mind saving up some more to get it.

Last edited:
buy Electro Harmonix Pedals. They ARE the best.

That's a very sweeping statement. They are good, surely. But I'd not say that they ARE the best.

Anyway, there isn't any delays from EHX that will fit into the TS's budget as well. Even the new and supposedly cheaper EHX Memory Boy would far exceed SGD170.

Anyhow, the 2nd hand Carbon Copy that was going for SGD180 has already been sold, I just checked. So I guess you'd have to look for an alternative.

For simple delays, aside from the MXR Carbon Copy, I also second the DE7 and the DD3. In order of preference.

But you've to ask yourself what kind of delay are you looking to acquire.

If you just want to add some texture and layering to your tone, to thicken things up a bit, go for a simple, no-frills delay with shorter delay time. Analog delays will sound the most organic and warm, but they usually cost more. Digital delays tend to sound slightly too sterile, but nowadays there are excellent digital delays that sound very warm and 'analog-ish'. Like the CMATmods Deeelay that I use, which is a digital delay. Hence, for something in this category, the Ibanez DE7 and Boss DD3 would be good candidates for you to try out.

If you are looking for those feature-packed delays that comes with long delay times, like the 23 ms that the Boss DD-20 offers, then it's another matter altogether. And honestly, with a budget of SGD170, it'd be near to impossible to buy one of these mega-delays, even in the 2nd hand market. In addition to much longer delay times, they often have different kinds of delay sounds, they allow you to set presets, do loops, tap-tempo, etc, etc.

Latest posts

Back