Recommend me a multi effects?

hellmurderer

Hi guys, I am looking to get myself a new multi-effects. Can you guys recommend me a good one with budget of less than $400?

I will be using it mostly to play through amp at home and genre is usually rock. Would love to try out recording through my computer as well so it would be a plus point if there is such a function from the multi efx.

Thank you very much!

Thanks for all the suggestions! The HD300 looks really attractive! Maybe I should wait till the end of year sale to get one of them.

Questions:

1) Do I need another software if I plug in the multi efx to my computer to do recording?

2) Does it mean that I do not need an amp if I were to just use my computer?

Answers:
1) You need a Digital audio workstation (DAW), as long as it can detect signals from your HD300, it can record.
2) You don't need an amp, just plug into your computer, use a software, and enable the software to let you hear what is coming from your HD300.

Answers:
1) You need a Digital audio workstation (DAW), as long as it can detect signals from your HD300, it can record.
2) You don't need an amp, just plug into your computer, use a software, and enable the software to let you hear what is coming from your HD300.

Would Garageband be considered a DAW? What else is recommended as a DAW software esp for laymen?

GarageBand is good enough. I actually prefer the clean amp sounds from the GarageBand "Blackface Combo" model than the POD models in Line 6 software, though the POD HDs have some cool boutique amp models.

I assume you're using a Mac then so Logic is a popular choice. Reaper is also worth looking into (ridiculously cheap compared to other DAWs). But even though I have both I still prefer to compose ideas and record my own stuff in GB, it's just so much simpler and distraction free, unless I need extensive MIDI control or some other obscure features.

Last edited:
POD HD300, maybe a second hand if you're really restricted to that budget. Those stuff is really useful especially when you enter the studio, don't even need to tweak around with an amp you've never used before, just use your presets.

Line 6 is pretty good for multi-fx, if not, there is always Zoom to look into.

My course gave me Logic Studio for free, its a great DAW but suck battery faster than anything on earth (besides the time it takes for a Rebecca Black song to have 10000000 dislikes after its release).

I think some multi-effects pedals will come with DAW. My zoom G2.1Nu came with Cubase. My friend bought a keyboard from Yamaha, also came with Cubase. heh

Hope it helps!

raising your budget slightly would open up more options. a Boss GT-10 would be awesome, provided if you can find one used at a good price.

Just a bit of side track. Had anyone bought line 6 HD products straight from USA? I would like to find out whether the power adapter is actually only 110V or is it from 100-240V one.

Reason is that I am thinking of getting one from there as it is much cheaper compared to getting one locally. Is that right?

my pod adapter has no switch to change between the 2 ratings, so i'm guessing that the US one ships with the 110v version. if you can wait till december, you could get the HD at US prices from citymusic

my pod adapter has no switch to change between the 2 ratings, so i'm guessing that the US one ships with the 110v version. if you can wait till december, you could get the HD at US prices from citymusic

Hi, MadWerewolfBoy, thanks for the headsup. The confusion I got is from Line 6 Support forum. Some of the replies that I got from there is that the power adapter for Line 6 Pod HD Desktop actually supports 100-240V. And yet from some other forum, it mentioned that need to buy separate power adapter to allow the equipment to work locally.

Back