Questions for Pop Piano

Elson

Hi all,

I have been learning pop piano for about 3 months now. My progress so far is fine, from not knowing how to play at all to being able to play a new simple song everyweek. But i have a concern, as pop piano uses Fake Sheet, does it affect me in the long run being not able to read bass clef? As you know fake sheet only consist of treble clef with letters on top indicating chords.

My objective for learning pop piano mainly is for learning how to play and sing, or even better being able to compose own music if i am talented enough =D

Appreciate advice from you.

With your objective, I guess it is fine to be playing with a fake sheet. Pop music requires more improvisation skills. You do not need to follow both bass and treble clef to meet your objective. =D

Would be better that you practice the left hand on more improvisation on arpeggios so that you could be able to added more pattern with your base clef. =D

clef reading is really a self taught process, you don't need to pay a teacher to teach u to read in different clefs.

it's an advantage to be able to read bass clef, but not an absolutely necessary skill.

u know where is bass clef middle C right??

just transcribe the chords into notes by yourself and when you've done it enough* you will be able to read bass clef quite well....(enough is subjective ...)

u may not know but reading notes may have a lot of advantages .....in arranging, even in singing as u can train urself to have extremely clean runs and adlibs.....

well just my half cent worth

I only know softage and I still produce music. Pop music is not about reading scores. Later on in your sing and play. You will lyrics and chords only in later stage of your learning.

Back