Question on buying a guitar

Waltz

Hi, does the price of a guitar determine its quality ? I saw a supposedly well-known brand of guitar and it is incredibly cheap (< $500) and another one of the same brand but a few thousands over. I very much want to own that particular brand of guitar since well, there are alot of good reviews on that guitar but am quite disturbed at the price. And it has been 'sitting there inside the glass penal' for as long as I first visited that guitar shop. So should I just go buy or worry about any faulty bolts and nuts in that guitar ?

1, Find the original MFG price as gauge to see what was put in the guitar. Brand+wood+hardware, I.e. a $500 mfr Jackson is not going to have a german made floyd rose, or a quarter-sawn neck, just not going to happen.
2, read all the specs, a guitar loaded with top of the line hardware & wood is likely to be of good quality.
3, read the reviews.
4, check ebay for ‘auctions ended’, this will give you an idea of the resale market value.
Guitar prices in Singapore are crazy, I’ve seen guitars that normally sell in the US for $400 on sale for $1400 here. Just wait for a reasonable price, they do pop up for time to time
cheers

Back