qns regarding home recording !

musicdemos

Hi , I am alittle mountain turtle toward music recording.

As I had a couple of songs ready , got lyrics and music. Just lack the recording on how to make a good album demo.

So I wish you guys could advise me.

Hmn ,

I am using Win Xp , P4 , 512 RAM with Creative SB LIVE Wave Soundcard with two Altec Lansing Speakers link to a big speaker.

I had a normal pc mic attached into my sound port.

A Yamaha PSR series midi keyboard put near my pc but not connected to pc.

This is something I don't understand after reading the manual.

The keyboard manual state -

MIDI Terminals : in order to exchange midi data between mutiple device. Each device must be connected by a cable. (my keyboard allow in and out found at rear panel)

This special midi cables could be brought at music stores. Advised not longer than 15 meters. (but get what cables?)

~ when using midi interface device to install in pc. Connect the midi terminals into pc. (this mean the above cables?)

---

What if my is USB interface computer?

The manual say - use the yamaha UX16 USB / MIDI interface. Connect the UX16 and the computer with a standard USB cable. (what standard usb cable?. Go computer shop so many cable don't know which to buy). Then make the proper midi connections btw yamaha kb and UX16.

Now , pc for the cable is which hole?

where to get all the above cables? what name?

---

Now after all the above solved. The software part.

I had a freeware Audacity now. Then plus some trial software like sound forge , acid pro , fruittyloop and cakewalk.

Anyone using this above software? All the functions Im still not familiarize. But the trial period going to expire anyway.

Any idea where I could get the original software in singapore? which shop? how much $?

or recommend me some freeware.

Thanks.

one more qns?

is it recommended to play keyboard without connected to pc but just recorded into pc mic.

But later part had to adjust using software.

:?

the quality isn't that good.

As for the software... i'll suggest u use this program called N-tracks... it can record multi-tracks... it is not bad lar... but it is hard to find in singapore... but its easy to get over the internet... :twisted: if u noe what i mean ...

Jayshen said:
As for the software... i'll suggest u use this program called N-tracks... it can record multi-tracks... it is not bad lar... but it is hard to find in singapore... but its easy to get over the internet... :twisted: if u noe what i mean ...

how hard in singapore?

hey , i reading the manual and it sound great to hamper with.

Hmn , how you guy recorded when let say ...

first track background music , 2nd track vocal part.

...... hmn i edited this msg. Asking an stupid qns. haha...

Well , if i buy a normal pc headphone , where do i insert?

insert in the cd rom area or back cpu sound card port area?

cause my altec lansing speaker don't seem to have a headphone hole.

:?:

hard cos i never seen it in singapore b4....haha... i tried to get it legallyy... so bo bian had to *whisper* download

and ur mic from my experience shld go in the cpu behind... direct i think is better... but dunno if it will giv ur mic enough juice.. sometimes very soft...

Jayshen said:
hard cos i never seen it in singapore b4....haha... i tried to get it legallyy... so bo bian had to *whisper* download

and ur mic from my experience shld go in the cpu behind... direct i think is better... but dunno if it will giv ur mic enough juice.. sometimes very soft...

paiseh...Im talking about where to insert pc headphone.

Not microphone.

headphone at cdrom area or back area.

legally full version? where ... Mind pm me...

currently , i had recorded song but the recording not good enough...

The vocal part is too loud while background soft.

:?

i wonder how u guys can do a decent recording with all this n-track software n using all these built in soundcard talking abt enough juice n all dat crap...!!
it is so funny...!!!

Back