Qn: Mics in Home Studio

Phanto

Hi, ive got my own small homestudio and basically i need a better alternative to plugging my mic into my guitar amp to sing thru, which ive been doing for the past half year.

I dont own a PA system or monitors, but what do i need to purchase, so i can line 2 mics in and be amplified? monitors? Mixer?

Need some recommendations.

cheers.

i dont need to record anything, i just need a output speaker and a mixer to control volume, and other gimmicks? maybe reverb and sensitivity etc

you need a PA system.

1. mixer
2. amplifier
3. speaker

the actual model/brand will depend on your budget

so the question is, "What's your budget?"

i just need a really simple setup, which gives me some good control over volume. im not using it for outdoors, just indoors, a small 5m by 3m soundproofed room. For 2 mics. Not interested in recording.

Phanto..i suggest wharfedale Pa systems.Try city music.Myabe u have to top up like another 100 bucks but definitely good enough for a jamming room.Give it shot.I have one to.

=)

cheapest alternative :
those loud gamer PC speakers altec lansing or something..

a mixer enough to put the amount of mics you want.

mics > mixer > pc speakers. jack them up. haha.

Okay my budget is now 700 dollars, Any recommendations for a simple 2 mic setup mixer and speakers for my home studio?

I think if you are playing acoustic guitar and sing at the same time, a AER acousitc amp will be good. I personally try before at CityMusic, most of the AER amp come with at least 2 input channels. It have good sound quality surely.

Or maybe you would like to get a simple 4 channels passive mixer, and plug into those powered computer speakers. it will be the cheapest solution you can find. but in sound, every cents count.

get a closed monitoring headphone and get a low noise mixer with at least 4 channels for your spare channels. If you need recommendation you can always pm me but remember get something cheap and good if not you will spoil your own recording.

Back