Pickups 4 wiring leads - are they universally colour coded?

adidasman

Hi guys.

I'm wiring up 2 humbuckers according to the following Seymour Duncan (SD) schematic: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h2v2t3w2sp .

By default, can I know what is the colour coding for SD wire leads... the red, white, black and green? Because I'm wiring to a non-SD pickup (Dragonfire PHAT Screamers) but having same colour wire leads as SD. I know my pickups colour code except for SD. So just wanted to be sure on the colour code for SD for the 4 wire leads. I know about the bare wire.

Thanks.

Almost all brands have different colour coding. So you either trial and error or more preferably, go to the pickup brand's website and look for the color coding. If dont have, email them and ask :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sorry I misread your post, I thought you were asking for the colour code for the dragon fire. But you get my point haha, just go online and search la dey

Thanks la dey. My online search not that powderful.

Anyway, I have also emailed to Dragonfire, asking whether theirs and SD colour are the same. See how lah.

Lucky you never follow SD colour coding haha if not, when no sound come out, you're gonna start running in circles trying to find out what is wrong. :D

Piangzzzz! After got back home yesterday and check again, DF pickup has slight different from Jackson for 2 of the leads. So, need to trial and error lor. Luckily already got SD wiring codes so can do a mix and match with DF on which lead belong to which lead.

trail and error is the way to go. usually by default the 2 wires soldered together are the finish ends of the north and south coil wired together for standard humbucking opertaion. you would need to desolder that connection and then trial and error with a multimeter to see if the resistance match the respective pickups. From there you would be able to tell which wires belong to which pickup. Are you electronics/electrical trained?

trail and error is the way to go. usually by default the 2 wires soldered together are the finish ends of the north and south coil wired together for standard humbucking opertaion. you would need to desolder that connection and then trial and error with a multimeter to see if the resistance match the respective pickups. From there you would be able to tell which wires belong to which pickup. Are you electronics/electrical trained?

the problem was already solved back then. thanks for the reply! anyway, I used the multimeter (most common) and also the magnet methods. yup, I'm sort of electrical/electronic trained many many many years ago and rusty now.

Back