Pft

kerplunk182

nooooooo~
i'm fine with the 5 items but i hatehatehate 2.4! Rahh. The 2.4 never fails to pull my score down :(
I'M NOT A FAT ASS OK. I just don't like running:)

bribe the teacher.how is the run being laid out?a circuit round your school perimeter?

no la. We normally go to rjc's track to run eventhough there's track in the school. Only if you're sick or fail on that day then they'll make you run in the school's track...

haha.sad la for you.cannot cheat on actual day.my school does it around the school perimeter then the teacher will be at one side.so we usually cheat by cutting thru the school.faster.hehe.

It helps if you can get a faster runner to pace you.
2.4k is a short event. You can practically sprint throughout the whole course.

rjc as in Raffles Junior College? Wow never knew my school lets ij girls in for their 2.4 run haha. Anyway just train.. and you should be fine. You're not a guy anyway, don't need to bother with NS so the bare minimum would do

Oh, another IJ girl, lol. I graduated from IJ :p But that aside...

I heck 2.4km :x every year just keep rerunning until the teacher fed up and fail me. No stamina, no energy...growing fat already Zzz

I think you just keep going at a constant pace for the first few rounds and save your energy with slow jogs, then around the 2nd last or last round you start picking up speed and sprint through. Keeping a goal in mind might help.

I think listening to music not bad, run to the beat, just don't start dancing lol

When I had my 2.4, they didn't let us listen to music, but the lower secs could so we're like *^%&*@^# at the PE teachers lol

Marathons are too killer for me. The preparation for it is too taxing plus it takes up alot of time that can be used for playing guitar and jamming instead!!
The longest I've run is a half-marathon though.
That said I'd rather take a HM anyday than a 2.4k because 2.4ks are so competitive and everybody is like is moving so fast and you don't wanna lose out so you also chiong then feel good after lapping the slower guys but then after six laps your calves hurt so bad that all you can do is lay on your butt and cringe in pain.
Heh, sori to OT abit ah..

To threadstarter, you can adopt the run-walk method many first-time runners use. Example, run for 3 minutes, then walk for 1 minute. Then just keep repeating it. You can increase or decrease the 'runs' to tailor to your needs/moods (haha).

hehe...i guess what's most important is your mentality,gotta be strong. Mind over matter,lots of things can be done if we set our mind to it.That aside,i believe you gotta be physically "there" to score an A for 2.4km

My sec school was imba..
This girl would practically overtake 4/5 of the guys..
Then DSA to a good JC already.. Haha..
The key to 2.4 is your mental strength! Just think of guitars and what not lol..

Back