Overdrive/Distortion help for Alternate Rock

theliverevolution

I know pedal choices threads have been done countless times, but I couldn't find a posted thread that was suited to my needs. Hope I can get some help

I'm currently looking for a new Overdrive or Distortion pedal. I'm currently playing a lot of Alternate Rock and a little pop-punk. Think Anberlin, Paramore, Foo Fighters, Oasis, maybe a little Saosin.

I was looking at the Digitech Screamin' Blues and the Modtone Dyno Drive, but I thought I would like to ask everyone's opinions of the two pedals, and any other recommendations that you guys may have

With that kinda budget I would recommend you to get:

Overdrive : Danelectro Transparent Overdrive V1 or Digitech Bad Monkey
Distortion : Crunchbox (2nd hand)

Try the G2 distortion available at Pedalholics. Serve me for low gain and high gain. Versatile, damn loud, british type drive. Use it for Oasis and Gun n' Roses quite frequently. Downside, the bottom isnt as tight as i'd like it to be and the dark and boxy nature of the pedal makes me put tone knob to max. Have an eq pedal to help, and the pedal is bloody good. Sound even much better with amp that have big speakers.

http://www.wix.com/pedalholics/pedal-holics
The boss is a softie named Ciki. Nice fella.

Last edited:
The boss is a softie named Ciki. Nice fella.[/QUOTE]

Thanks bro...

eh...don't call me boss la..i'm not doing this for a living...just providing fellow softies find other worth while alternatives...

ok back to the topic :)

Hmm, EHX english muffin. Then on another thread there's this AMT pedal, does both... Costs less than 400. Cause if it can handle both might as well jsut get a single pedal and save space on the board.

Woah. Thanks for all the recommendations guys. Currently researching into all the pedals that you've suggested. Pretty good choices, maybe I'll run down to the shops to give it a shot :p

(If anyone has any other recommendations, do suggest as well! :p)

@Cavett: thanks. Will run down to SweeLee/Davis to give those a shot

@subversion: Yup, considered fuzz units. But haven't gone around trying all of them actually :X

@ciki: hmm, let me check out the pedals first before I email. unfortunately, all the videos seems to be in Thai so I'm not sure what they're saying apart from what they're playing :X

@Jumpin'Jellybean: o_O where can I find that?

The English Muffin is available at Blackwood. Also recommend the Lovepedal Eternity Clone, available from Jimmy, his user name is Lynnesmy over at G4C. 155 bucks, he is located in Malaysia though. Great guy.

Back