OM: an jing (guitar)

nice nice, both guitar and singing is nice.

missed some notes but if you can punch-in those parts again, you would have a flawless recording.

how did you do the recording? the guitar is very clean. if you mix with a little effects like reverb and delay, you will get a fuller sound.

somehow the vocal sound thinner than the guitar. hmmm... singer standing too far from the microphone?

guitar is direct in? clear, but dry.

vocals is quite ok, but the pronunciation irritates; spoils the entire track somehow. would be much better if the above could be corrected.

jia you :)

Generally, Sounds nice, both guitar & singing.

but feel like something missing in this song~ "feeling".
I can hear your "expression", but I can't sense/feel your "emotion".
(hope you understand what i meant)

Agree with James that a little reverb will sounds great.

You are using a semi-acoustic guitar? Nice guitar sound...Vocals should add some reverb to it and it will sound smoother and "An Jing" pronounciation of some words are off or out eg: shui zhao 睡著 and not shui jiao...Shouldnt use too much stress and strength on some words...Overall a very good recording.

nope...
im using a simon and patrick guitar..
with a A2.2 pibkup..

ok thanx for the comment... will relate that to my singer..=)

Nice guitarworks.

I agree the vocalist's pronunciation is off.
Maybe he is nervous?

If you listen closely to Jay's vocals, he's pronunciation is never accurate.
They call it 'yao zhi bu qing'.
It makes the song atmosphere abit sader that kind of feeling.

Don't know how to explain la... but maybe if he listen more of qing tian, he can improve?

I can't judge vocals pretty much, I'm sure if i sing people will give me bad comments too. :lol:

not bad!

some chords are played incorrectly? (or u might have done so to make it sound different)

and yes, u do need reverb. check out the software cooleditpro.

and your solo sounds pretty 'experimental' like macham play on the spot 1. u should try to come up with a catchy solo. then ur song will sound much better. :) two cents worth

lastly, the vocals sound very 'throaty'. like those which u can see the veins popping out of the neck. gives it a very thin sound. not good. haha. get what i mean?

Stairwaytoheaven said:
i think the song shouldnt even have a solo.
just how i feel..

i beg to differ. Maybe you can do a solo but using a totally different chord progression (somewhat like a bridge or you can do otherwise) the solo will allow the listener to 'move away' from the same old tune. and after which your chorus should come in to give it the final climax.

The solo will only make the song 'An Jing' draggy.
Unless you can really come out with some heartfelt or sad solo, otherwise you just totally spoil the atmosphere of 'An Jing', just my opinion.

Back