Not so serious male & female musicians, groupie.. here!

what happens if i dun have a fb account? lol i belong to another era
It's ok bro, you can choose not to create a FB account. It would be better if you sign up however, it will be easier to announce upcoming event and set lists. We'll be posting them here as well, but you have to check in often so as not to miss any session.

Different era? Not many people in this era can play what your playing there. Thought of your 2 setlist yet?

Btw people, I remind you that you can choose not to play your traditional instrument. Try bass, or drums, vox etc once in a while and give others the chance to laugh at. You can either be good at it or barely scrape through. But if your really so teruk one, we're not gonna laugh anymore.. we will simply wrestle the instrument away and throw you out..

I tried signing up before, and couldn't make anything out of it so it went obsolete and I forgot the user/password lol. It's ok, i am enthusiastic enough about this to be checking back on this thread 4 to 5 times a day on my phone haha

lol at least 70% (i eastimate) play the guitar here! Of cos all of these people can handle their instrument in their own way! I prefer to try out drums on simple 4/4 tracks or simple basslines to songs that are chosen by others bro, so I skip on my 2 songs is that ok?

Haha bass is ok for me but i really think people will throw me off the drums haha

Okie dokie peeps,

The email way of creating a group on FB doesnt work. Got to add me as your friend first. So go ahead and add me. Profile name is Cheng Chin Yuen. Add a little note saying that you are part of the Museos of the Open Mind project. Once you do that, you're in.

for the harsh cynical fella, learn to let loose a little...or I'll plonk you on the head with my 10kg 6string bass yar?

chin yuen

Last edited:
ok ignore previous message, FB group already created. Just search FB 'Museos of the Open Mind' and request to join.

Last edited:
Hello boys and girls.. get ready as we're compiling our setlist. So if you have thought of any songs or have been itching to play Robbie Williams, Stephanie Sun, or whatever.. now is the time. This is open to everyone in the forum, especially those in this thread, and anybody who feels they can add a sonic difference to the setlist, or who simply just want to play. Lets try anything and then we'll see what's the general style and direction of our so called little group.. more into mainstream, pop, folk, jazz, metall etc..?

Post your songs and what your playing. The others add in your name next to it, and what your playing. It doesn't matter if there are already people on bass, or guitar etc.. just add your name anyway. You can be selective on the song setlist, or you can play all. It's really up to you. We will give everybody a fair chance to play or sing. Posters can also add if they want any extra to cover on acoustics, keys, percussions, etc on top of a standard band setup (vox, bass, drums, 2 guitars).

Frankly I don't know where to start myself. Been listening back to alot of mix old favourites, so many of which I still like. But maybe something simple first..

Yoko Kanno & The Seatbelts "The Real Folk Blues" ** Req 1-2 acoustic
Mercuriel "Guitar"

Nickelback "Hero" ** Req 1-2 acoustic + 1 vox extra
Mercuriel "Guitar"

Please post 1-2 of your songs. If not posting songs however, do add your name as the sesionist player. Simple as that. ;-) I hope somebody "evil" wants to play his little familiar Nuno Bettencourt Extreme song eh.. XD

=mercuriel

Haha i forgot most of it already i think. Nevertheless I changed my mind and would like to add two songs of my choice: Bon Jovi's Livin on a Prayer and Bryan Adams Summer of 69! Need a vox to pull it through, takers?

Oops ok here goes the reqs:

Livin on a prayer (Bon Jovi): EvilGtr (drums) + req everything else
Summer of 69 (Bryan Adams): EvilGtr (bass) + req everything else

Last edited by a moderator:
this is hopeless; i created a new fb account in the hope of finding you guys, but after all is registered and setup i cannot seem to find the group... either that or i am doing something wrong... lol someone help me with FB? im registered with the email addy ljdethhhhh@hotmail.com there

Livin on a prayer (Bon Jovi): EvilGtr (drums) + req everything else
Summer of 69 (Bryan Adams): EvilGtr (bass) + req everything else
Wah very old school nia.. XD

Bon Jon Bovi "Livin on a prayer" ** Actually tot to use that funny BJB name on FB.. haha.. juz messing ard.. it is Jon Bon Jovi
EvilGtr "Drums" / Merc "Guitar"

Bryan Adams "Summer of 69"
EvilGtr "Bass" / Merc "Guitar"

Alright the rest of you.. come on!

M

Hey hey hey,

fivetospare availble as sessionist (bass, accoustic/electric guit, cajon...and when you are really really really desperate...voxs!)

Wah very old school nia.. XD

Bon Jon Bovi "Livin on a prayer" ** Actually tot to use that funny BJB name on FB.. haha.. juz messing ard.. it is Jon Bon Jovi
EvilGtr "Drums" / Merc "Guitar"

Bryan Adams "Summer of 69"
EvilGtr "Bass" / Merc "Guitar"

Alright the rest of you.. come on!

M

told ya im from a different era lol

hey bros n sis,

think this is a great concept by Merc...

Get everyone interested in jamming to meet up and just jam, instead of trying to look for a band which may not fit in or only play metal/jazz etc etc.

from the response here, i guese its enuf to form at least 2 bands.

y not just book a place, gather all, and split into 2 jamming groups depending on your pref? then halfway can still mix n match haha.

1 band with 2 groups haha...

but as all bands, eventually will still have to "settle down", or else every sessions will be abit "chaotic".

give me a call if u guys are organising jamming sessions. i stay in the east area, but location is not a problem.

i'm into Rock/Punk/Ska/top40s
Blink 182, Greenday, Sum41, Good Charlotte, The Killers, Paramore, No Doubt, Evanescence etc etc...

Not very pro, can't do (and also not interested to) do those fancy 5minutes shredding solos, but shld be able to get by most of the songs by above mentioned artists :p

it's a band for all to enjoy mah, not solo act, my personal opinion.

Not into screamer n metal music hehe...

Can do with Guitar (pref) n Bass, if need be i can add abit of clarinet/triangle/cymbals haha.

My contacts 82221498 (Benji)

Hey hey hey,

fivetospare availble as sessionist (bass, accoustic/electric guit, cajon...and when you are really really really desperate...voxs!)
CY put your name in the current, whatever you wanna play as.. and/or if you have 1-2 songs as well.. Easy ones first lah, we amateurs nia.. but on second thought, play anything except the vox.. I have a feeling you cannot make it.. XD *joke*

The rest of y'all come on don't be shy, this is an invite-yourself, feel free to add in and built the song setlists/players. I am not as good as you think, but we're here not to judge you.. just play, have fun and enjoy the company.. a little laugh is good theraphy..

M

Hi, I'm interested! I play the drums. Email me at padawanclare @ gmail.com (not Facebook). I'll keep checking this thread too. I have little jamming experience, looking forward to learning from/ with you all :)

hey bros n sis,

think this is a great concept by Merc...

Get everyone interested in jamming to meet up and just jam, instead of trying to look for a band which may not fit in or only play metal/jazz etc etc.

from the response here, i guese its enuf to form at least 2 bands.

y not just book a place, gather all, and split into 2 jamming groups depending on your pref? then halfway can still mix n match haha.

1 band with 2 groups haha...

but as all bands, eventually will still have to "settle down", or else every sessions will be abit "chaotic".

give me a call if u guys are organising jamming sessions. i stay in the east area, but location is not a problem.

i'm into Rock/Punk/Ska/top40s
Blink 182, Greenday, Sum41, Good Charlotte, The Killers, Paramore, No Doubt, Evanescence etc etc...

Not very pro, can't do (and also not interested to) do those fancy 5minutes shredding solos, but shld be able to get by most of the songs by above mentioned artists :p

it's a band for all to enjoy mah, not solo act, my personal opinion.

Not into screamer n metal music hehe...

Can do with Guitar (pref) n Bass, if need be i can add abit of clarinet/triangle/cymbals haha.

My contacts 82221498 (Benji)
Clarinet..? You gotta be serious..?? XD

Well there's a mix percentage of people who are already in a band, then those looking for one, and lastly those who simply enjoy playing at home alone as a leisure thing. For the most part, it is kinda too much to form a new band just because you want to play, or if you have something else to try. Commitment is partly why. And not many people have the good fortune to have friends who are so versatile, or adept enough to play anything, or even share your "feeling" to err.. try Bon Jovi (lol.. no offence David). Taste and style is unique to each person at varying degree, so a preference may be a limiting thing under some situations. Like for instance, I can't bring myself to play GNR, even though everyone in the band, including my mom who drove me to the studio, loves them. That was just an example.. :p

Maybe you can look at it as a social media, a common interest that is constantly being built up on by people as a collective effort. Like, open source concept.. except there is no real pressure for anybody to perform well. I don't think we should turn out purely as a band eventually, because the idea here is not to be one. Or even play note-fcuking-perfect. Heck, I may not even be here later.. who knows? Some people will be more or less a resident sessionist, but that's about it. And we would like this to continue. I say "We" most of the time because this is basically what it is all about.. for us.. you the players who makes up the group.

Forget all that pep talk already.. I don't even know what's half of it there. Now post 1-2 of your song or add your name to the existing song list that needs players filled up. Help yourself people! We're not sure how it will turn out in the actual session. It will be interesting nonetheless. Lets see how, it can always be fine tuned anyway. First things first, get a setlist and player's list going!!

Generally we are all shy people yes? It's just in our culture, understandable. It only takes one small step though.. I do believe many will like to come forward. But as always, the brave and crazy ones will come through first.. XD

M

Generally for this to work it has to be songs that are relatively no-brainers, otherwise it'd be chaotic.... lol hence bon jovi and bryan adams, we can try dream theater or nightwish some other times haha

Back