Not so serious male & female musicians, groupie.. here!

mercuriel

We're not going to form a "real" band per se. Just the kinda of side-band, project, groupie wuteva you want to call it, whose willing to play the songs (cover, originals) your band doesn't wanna play. Like for example, I have this one or two country Thai ballad, or a snappy Jpop by Aiko.. but my band only plays metal. Or I always want to sing Sandy Lam, but my bandmates will laugh at me. Or if you have an original which you want a fresh outside look other than your oasis-inspired 4-piece. I like to play Sarah Mclachlan's Angel at least once in my life, but Sarah happens to be my maid Sarah Macagabal Asencion.. That sort of thing.

As many people as we can get, without the uncle in the studio counter making alot of noise. I don't know how many, but we can have regulars and on/off people joining in. We should be able to switch instruments too; like I always-wanna-play-that-bass-parts thing? Or I sing that song, you play my drum ok? Or just come and hangout, talk and discuss, laugh at that girl's bass solo or that guy's lame guitar licks, drummer falling of his seat.

- Male AND female vox

- Male and female musicians, as many as we can without calling it a football team.

- Mix age group. Singaporean and PR only. No FT. Ok that was just a joke. Basically anybody with the right attitude.

- Reasonable musicianship. You don't have to nail everything spot on, as long you remember the songs. If you don't
know or don't like a particular song, hey maybe somebody else in the group can? Just have fun playing, its all that.. PLAY.. FUN.. ok? Practice your note-by-note skills for your real band, we're just fooling around in here.

- Instruments: All the basics. Even acoustics wired to PA will be nice a addition to the group. Tambourine etc wuteva. Hey I've never had anybody played tambourine, how bad can it be?

- Genre: Rock/Pop/R&B/Jazz etc abit of everything else (except rap.. that's me ok?). Covers (and your originals if we can).

- Eng/Jap/Korean/Canto/Mandarin/Malay/World Music (if you wanna sing in Swahili, go ahead if everybody in the group digs it) 70s, 80s, 90s, present

- Attitude. Pleasant, fun, passionate, respectful, although your allowed to laugh and poke at that guy once in a while. Please no egoist, rockstar, diva, I-know-everything. We're a nourishing, supportive co-op group got that?

- $$ Ka-ching. Hey at least can pay for your own starbucks lah.

This would be quite an interesting diversion, lets see how it will progress.

Thanks and regards all,
M

ah one brave soul.. welcome welcome.. XD

Btw people, you don't have to be multi instrumentalist to qualify.

oh man.. Serious band's bandleaders gonna hate u for this, LOL although its gonna be quite a mess and happy time for first few jams i can foresee. To me, it sounds like a "one night stand" kind of Jam, best of luck, M. =)

whats the age group here? and i was wondering it'll be acoustic jam or something lol.
cause i got a acoustic guitar at home but i suck at it :( maybe can learn here.
i can try vox tho.

Hey I can be on bass! Work commitments got me messed up with my main band, so yeah, this group sounds like it'll be perfect =D

Sorry everyone, soccer for two days straight left me all beat up to post anything. I'm still having brain cramps.

Well ok, I'm not a band leader alright, so don't quote me as one. We are not even a "band". Think like a sessionist, we're a series of that in a little way. Even if you can only play a C major chord. We will just yell "C" and you have played your part. Of course we don't expect you to only know the C chord. Maybe alittle bit more, like explaining what is a major 9 chord and play a lydian dominant feel with some gusto over it. Whatever that means, I don't even fcuking know it.

Somebody said ONS jam which may be kinda correct in that context. Lets just have fun doing something else and meet fellow players from different abilities, backgrounds, taste and style. Yes you may have your own permanent band, and that should be your priority.

But you can come here to relax and express yourself in a new way and be plain stupid. You don't even have to learn anything in advance. If you roughly know the song, heard of the tune, and you feel you can carry the progression reasonably well enough, step forward. Or you can get the basic going the night before, we'll even teach/learn on the spot (hopefully) later and we'll leave any creative moments you have on the spur. Don't ever be shy or feel pressured. Nobody should be angry if you suck the solo, miss a beat, out of pitch, flew your drumsticks. We will just laugh and taunt you at the kopitiam, what's the big deal in that?

For original pieces I dunno, but just take it as experimen-men-tal music. So don't take it too hard if we kill your vision and make you promise to yourself not to write anything ever. Which is.. a good thing. Especially when the song suck lemons. But you'll never know it will turn into gold and make you feel like a star. Fat chance at that. But hey if we do happen to have good players around that night, it might just blow you away. Everyone will contribute. Even the C chord guy Esteban the FT guitarist. Sorry I just have to do that.. XD

Good to see responses, but I hope you guys hang in there as we gather in strength. So lets keep this thread open and share everything fun and creative here. As soon as we have enough members (we're still missing key players to be able to do jack), then we'll think of an approach to roll out a set list so simple stupid enough that it will work.

Any questions is open to all. It will not necessary be me to answer anything too. Come on guys and gals. Have fun you crazy people.

M

you can even get a list of suggested songs everybody wants to do..then select a few to do each session. But whats about studio space? If there are loads of people, that is. Great idea by the way.

whats the age group here? and i was wondering it'll be acoustic jam or something lol.
cause i got a acoustic guitar at home but i suck at it :( maybe can learn here.
i can try vox tho.
Not likely an acoustic jam no. But we can figure out a way to fit you right into the songs. Everyone starts the same way and we all suck at something, and perhaps still do. Try to get comfortable at what your doing first. Am sure there are experience people here who will teach you something later Esteban.. Oh your name is Jason.. See..? I'm already picking on you, so your actually doing good kid.

Pick up what you need, open your ears and ask questions. You find that you'll learn faster and alot more if things are shown to you in person. If you find a set list too advance. Don't give up. We'll teach you the progression if we can, simplify things and hopefully you can play. If you still can't, at least you'll learn something. And it doesn't have to be your traditional instrument too, join in which ever way you can to make things sound musical.

Well it's supposedly a mix age group. I hope everybody is more or less comfortable with that. But I think let everybody decide what's the minimum. Afterall there are adults in here, so we should have at least some sense of responsibility if there are kids wanting to join. I mean we don't want people to rebel and form an anarchy over their parent, school, education and anything. So lets hear what you people have to say, even the err.. kids.. in all fairness.

Mix age group is a cool idea, i really love it. But in reality, i don't think the below 25 or below 20s wanna jam with those above 35 and vice versa, it's my observations from years of Jammings, hahaha gd luck!

depends really. i mean, age shouldnt be a barrier at all. afterall its all about learning. of course, maybe the younger ones are scared that the senior ones will laugh or snigger at them/ vice versa.

I dont think the senior softies r childish enough to snigger or laugh at young beginners and why would the young ones do so when they lack the amount of experiences older folks have?

Hey,

sounds like my cuppa! Am 34, and would love to have a shot at playing anything! Mostly on guitar and simple 4/4s on drums! Lemme know if anything's coming up! 96685094 Dave

YO

Im a newbie male vocalist ? im kinda flexi type of guy provided it is within my range hahaa do drop me a msg 97407893

Looking steady, we seems to have a few guitars in. I'm pretty sure they have the talent to carry the bass lines as well, so that's a plus. Newbie vox in tow. Good. Make sure you can sing like a girl, bcos that's one whom we don't have yet.

fivetospare, volux, josiah, Jason El, EvilGtr, Lightie

Well done guys. I can sense their pretty good. Maybe a few more to cover Lightie in vox, in case we're doing Bee Gees or the Boogie Wonderland. Btw we need somebody to pound the drums and give the slingers a chance to shine on their solo instead of sitting sourly behind the kit all the time. Keys will be good too if there's a steady requests for top 40s or err.. King Diamond..

I'm on guitars traditionally, but can be quite comfortable on bass and drums, so don't mind sitting in where needed.

Spread the word, we can always do with more diversity. Don't think too much about the age group yet, just come and shock yourself. The most you'll feel out of place and wish you were never there. But I think you will stick around. Come on, a little bit more super subs and we can start off a small simple set list of what-ever songs you have in your head. See how those can be worked out.

hey! :)
haha hoping that there's still space for this thingo!
imma a 16 going 17 this year female guitarist :) haha kinda hoping to learn drums soon too yeppp but been playing guitar for pretty long now yepp have experience in previous bands before yeahhh :) so if there's still slots available contact me at 97523918 k thanks! hahaha and for a totally noob drummer position too yuppp! sounds fun to slack around heh.

Back