No idea

ThisIsTheEnd

Hi everyone, recently, i couldn't play my electric guitar. I have no idea whether this is the amp, guitar or the cables fault. I tried putting another cable and there is only feedback. Sames goes with the first cable. After i put it on the table, there is feedback. When i put it in the guitar, there is still feedback and the guitar does not produce any sounds. So i was wondering, Is it the guitar, amp or the cables that i should replace. Lengthy post i know.

I seem to have made 2 threads.
Equipment:
Ltd M-10
Some 10w amp
25 ft. cable

Please delete the other thread. My computer lagged.

I assume you've had the amp and the guitar for a while? You could open the guitar, and check if no wires are loose, etc etc. If you have active pickups, you could check the battery.
If you find no problems, the guitar should not be the problem, which leaves only the amp. :)

If you're still worried it might be the guitar, you could take it to a shop and ask if you could just try it on an amp. If theres still just feedback, it's basically certain it's the guitar. If it works, it has to be the amp. :p

Hope it helps! Good luck ^_^

So cables cant be the problem? I'm really hoping its the amp. One more thing, the ltd was second hand so i think the previous owner put in screws that were too long at the jack. Im afraid that it affected something. Was working perfectly for a few months.

Wah, can't you like bring to shops to check already? posting here won't help it get any better ya?

So cables cant be the problem? I'm really hoping its the amp. One more thing, the ltd was second hand so i think the previous owner put in screws that were too long at the jack. Im afraid that it affected something. Was working perfectly for a few months.

I assume you have tried just moving the cable (the cable itself) around a bit, just throwing at it a bit while it's plugged inn, to see if there is any response. If there isn't, and changing the cable won't do anything, I'm quite sure it's not the cable (unless it's both, but there should be some response when moving it around if it is).
The screws at the jack shouldn't really be a problem, but you could open the guitar up and check (mainly that there is no loose wires from the volume knob or anything at all). But like naviros said, if you check it at the shops, it's solved in no time :)

Last edited:
Haha No time. Somemore no bag also. The RDM bag so ex-.-. Will try to find a bag and bring it down to the shops. Thanks guys.
How much would they charge for repairs? cause i only have a limited amt of money with me for now.

Last edited:
Back