New local Blues album/EP

glblues

heya guys, kinda got inspired by the poster, liz_leong.
my band recently released an EP, so drop by for a listen if you can :)

Band name: Smokey And The Bandits
SoundClick artist: Smokey and the Bandits - page with MP3 music downloads

here is the album which took alot of pain and sweat to make. i hope we did the songs justice. all local Singaporean players:
Kelvin Ng - vocals, harmonica and guitar
Thomas Wong - guitar
Louis Lam - bass
Gopalakrishnan - drums

Kelvin "smokey" Ng is killer on harp as usual, and really should be known beyond Singapore.
The recording was done prior to me joining the band. The original guitar player has quit playing and i have been playing with Smokey and the band for bout a year now.

Comments are welcome! :)

Last edited:
thanks for the kind words, bonghong and thanks for buying a track, renquan!
we're just trying to do something a little different, i guess :p

Smokey and The Bandits

Hi everyone,

This is Smokey. Thanks for the compliments. Really appreciate them. With the positive feedback, we are really encouraged to create more of this stuff. Actually, we are quite surprised at the good response so far. Didn't think so many folks will dig them tracks.

Please keep a lookout for our planned performances. I think there's gonna be a pretty big blues rock event this June in Singapore that we might be playing.

In the meantime, live and breathe music!

Smokes

Wah how come my name also come up here? Colt, show yourself and say thy name...

Anyway Smokey, its good to finally have a true Singaporean blues album with tracks that put other so-called "made-in-Singapore blues albums" in their place. I see you're getting a press kit together and all that, that's something the blues scene could use; some media-savvy.

Git 'er done!

Victor

Hey Vic,

Thanks for rooting for the the album.

Yeah, the press kit thing came along at just the right time too. Cool bunch of guys (and girl) from SAE to work with.

Blues event at the Arts House in June

Ok, we will play our first gig with the new line-up on June 14 at the Arts House. Check it out:

The Arts House | Event Details

This event promises to be a good showcase of regional blues, roots and bluesrock bands.

You don't want to miss this if you like your music a little bluesy and rootsy.

We will be opening so get there early!

Last edited:
Back