Need Help with playback in SONAR 4

Mobius

Using the SONAR 4 Producer Edition, the problem is when I finish recording a track and playback, there is fluttering/phaser noise which distorts the track. But when I export the recorded track, everything sounds ok. So i tried importing an mp3 track and playback on SONAR and the mp3 track has the fluttering noise. Therefore i Thnk there is something wrong with the playback setting. But I cant seems to get any answer from the help files.

My soundcard is a Realtek High Definition Audio which comes default with the compaq pc. Tried messing with the soundcard settings, but the prob doesnt go away.

Btw my pc is a Pentium D 3GHz with 512mb Ram.

This is irritating as the fluttering noise makes it imposible for me to judge if the track is recorded properly and I cant do any proper mixing.

Anyone knows wht's going on? Thanks

you mentioned you "exported and everything sounded ok", what did you export to?

^ I just exports it as a wave file and playback using windows media player and it sound ok.

Hmm... i tried adjusting the buffer size and the buffers in the playback queue, the situation improved but there is still an audible "dub dub" noise when I playback. Increased the buffer to the max, the "dub dub" still persists.. Anyone has similar experience or knowledge that can help me out? Thanks .

a long time ago i experienced the same problem with my creative Live! Soundblaster card. On playback I had the same fluttering noise. I tweaked everything I knew to tweak and nothing worked. I was using some other software tho. anyways i gave up. figured i'd live with it.
then one day i decided to update my soundcard driver software. the problem disappeared. but shortly after that i upgraded my soundcard anyways...

>> My soundcard is a Realtek High Definition Audio

This is the main problem. I do not know if the this soundcard comes with WDM or ASIO drivers; if it does, please select either one of these and the problem should go away.

If WDM or ASIO drivers are not available, try installing this generic ASIO driver (no 100% gurantee that it'll work but it does work with most cards).

http://www.asio4all.com/

And then remember to select this as the soundcard driver for SONAR to use. It appears as "ASIO4ALL v2".

Thanks all for the great advice, will download the ASIO driver ^ when i get back home this evening and hope that it solves the prob, cos no money to get another soundcard.

Thnks alot lowjk, dloaded the ASIO and set it as default driver for Sonar, and all the prob went away! Thanks!! :D

Back