Need Help with Gibson Nighthawk Bridge

snuffleupagus

Hi folks, I own an old Gibson Landmark series Night hawk that has been discontinued since 1999, and My current bridge is kinda tarnished and slightly corroded. I am thinking of replacing it with a new one but I'm not too sure what this model is.Is this really the Telecaster spec type?

bodyh12.jpg

This is the rough information that I have from a website

"The combined bridge / tailpiece is reminiscent of updated, recent Telecaster bridges with individually adjustable bridge pieces mounted on a solid, angled base-plate. The strings pass over the front of the bridge pieces, continue through them, and then pass through holes in the base-plate and body to the back of the guitar. The bridge is fixed to the face of the guitar with four substantial screws. Height adjustment of the bridge pieces is made with a small Allen-key. Intonation is adjusted with a cross-head screwdriver. Both sets of adjustments are very easy to make even with the guitar strung to playing tension. The gold plating on the bridge seems pretty resistant to abrasion and corrosion.(NOT)"

Scale length - 25.5 inches/64.8cm

Thanks in advance if you could help me!

I'm not sure if this bridge is readily available but saddles seems pretty standard.

Thanks edder! Methinks my priority is to replace the bridge plate as it is in a bad shape compared to the saddles.I have never owned any Telecasters before so Im wondering is any of you tele-owners have seen bridge plates like this before?

if its the bridge plate, my advice would be to remove the corrosion as much as possible...vinegar/sanding/whatever works...clean it nicely...then send it for re-plating.
yes, there are ppl out there who would plate guitar parts with gold/chrome etc.

i dont know anyone in SG who does, but i do know someone here in MY.

cool, my post number 666 :p

Last edited:
slightly corroded.

We can live with that !
just get it cleaned bro .... if it shows signs on heavy corrosion then it either needs repalcement (hard to come by) or electroplating as suggested !

Back