Need advise in fixing bass fret...

KillHazey

I hope this is the right thread to post this...

My bass took quite a hard knock some time ago and I've realised that the fret wires are now uneven... now my bass gives irritating buzzes when played at certain frets... I've gotten advice that i should refret my bass... I'd like second opinions though on how to repair... hopefully somebody can give me a price range on the repair cost (money's kinda a tight issue with me) and where would be the best place to send it for repair...

look for malcolm if you want a top-notch fret job ... he's one of the best around ...

i think all you need is just to knock back the frets into place .. gotta check with malcolm on that .. but if you do need to pull out all your frets .. be prepared to fork out around $200 just for that ...

knocking them back sounds easy but it takes alot of skill and precision. i can't even do a decent setup myself :p

knocking them back sounds easy but it takes alot of skill and precision. i can't even do a decent setup myself :p

that's true ...

but i've learnt through the school of hard knocks by ruining a few basses myself ... =( ... well at least i can setup my bass to my specs now ... hahhahah .. but i don't glory in "ruining a few basses myself" ...

Back