MTD 535-21 US Custom Bass Tulipwood Body/Myrtle Burl Top

It pains me to have to sell my bass but an urgent need has arised. So up for sale is my MTD which has a tulipwood body with a top of myrtle-burl. The neck and 21-fret fingerboard (plus a zero-fret: very cool for action) are wenge, an African hardwood that has nearly the stiffness of graphite. The body & neck are finished with an oil stain and Michael really knows how to pick his wood.

The electronics are an active, 2-pickup, 18-volt, custom Bartolini system with tons of output. This bass' responsiveness and resonant qualities scream out before even plugging in; those tonal attributes, when amplified, come through loud and clear.

I've been blessed to have had the opportunity, at one time or another, to play almost all of the exotic makes of bass available...and I can say unequivocally that this is the best fretted bass I've ever played or owned. The playability is amazing, but the tone is insane. It is extremely punchy, and bright like no other bass I've heard. To a significant degree, this is attributable to the center frequency of the treble tone control, which is set substantially higher than most other basses. The slap tone is simply off-the-chart.

I am releasing this bass at $5300. Contact me at +65 96510142 if you're interested, I will only respond to serious buyers, thank you so much for your understanding!
More photos are available upon request.
Thank you for your time and have a great day :)

Attachments

• bass1.jpg
    bass1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 479
  • bass2.jpg
    bass2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 472
  • bass3.jpg
    bass3.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 468
  • bass4.jpg
    bass4.jpg