Mixed Martial Art

steviegfc

Who is your favourite MMA fighter, whether it is commercial, from UFC, from PRIDE, I wanna know.

My favourite all time would be Bruce Lee, I think he is the father of MMA, maybe not the first to do it but definitely the first to popularize it. I recommend Jeet Kun Do as a philosophy for anyone not just in fight but in life, people who understand it knows it is more of a catalyst then just a martial art (I must admit his "style" of martial art might not be the best now).

My current favourite is Fedor Emelianenko, I don't think anyone and I mean anyone is his match, enough said.

Who is your favourite other than, say "Chuck Norris"?

PS: One of my fav all time is sugar ray robinson, for me pound for pound the best

Last edited:
Brock is very strong for his size. Usually big guys tend to have less agility, but Brock is 2 times the atheletes of guys of the same size. Brock has competed in the ufc too (ultimate fight club), has a record of 4-1 (including a win against Couture), can't wait to see how he does against Shane Carwin.

If only Fedor can match against him, I think it will be quite a match, although I think Fedor will win in the end :).

My favourite MMA fighter has got to be Georges St-Pierre. One of the best pound for pound fighter currently. His striking is as good as his ground game which is rare for most strikers in my opinion. Hopefully, in future. We'll be able to see him go against another top pound for pound fighter Anderson Silva but St-Pierre's quite reluctant to move up to a different weight class.

Would be nice to see either or both (Georges St-Pierre or shogun) of them fight anderson silva the spider, what a match :), all three of them are good fighters.

brock lesnar is strong,fast and tough and have higher chances of knocking off fedor...Fedor never really have met real tough opponent only bigger size maybe...as for bruce lee to me is not really the one who popularize MMA..as for MMA there are still rules and regulation to abide with...bruce lee is more of a real street brawl with no holds barred fight,anything goes...he is a very realistic when comes to real fight..he trains to fight for self defence for real not for any competition fights with rule...if he's gonna fight in UFC,he'll be dead cause of certain rules in fight not allowed eg,groin strikes,eye gouging..because he is small size and not as strong as other bigger and stronger opponent.He needs all out fighting mode to fight those bigger opponents,Winning fights in controlled environment doesnt really mean you tough or 100% winning real fights outside the ring..and bruce lee is never a fighter cause he never fight competitively in the ring or even outside the rings say streetfights...he was a great teacher,philiphosher and extraordinaryly very physically fit

Without a doubt, my fav is El Gaupo, BAS RUTTEN!!

I like Randy couture too....Initially I had high hopes for Kimbo slice but argh.....

So happy to see UFC fans here!

I have high respect for Lesnar cos he climbed the ladder up the UFC so quickly after he joined

Last edited:
Mma

because he is small size and not as strong as other bigger and stronger opponent.

Bruce Lee would be fighting people in the same weight class who are around the same size as him. I don't see how he is at a major disadvantage.
Also, Fedor fought and won Mirko Crocop while Crocop was still in his prime. So you cannot say that Fedor has not faced any tough opponents yet.

brock lesnar is strong,fast and tough and have higher chances of knocking off fedor...Fedor never really have met real tough opponent only bigger size maybe...as for bruce lee to me is not really the one who popularize MMA..as for MMA there are still rules and regulation to abide with...bruce lee is more of a real street brawl with no holds barred fight,anything goes...he is a very realistic when comes to real fight..he trains to fight for self defence for real not for any competition fights with rule...if he's gonna fight in UFC,he'll be dead cause of certain rules in fight not allowed eg,groin strikes,eye gouging..because he is small size and not as strong as other bigger and stronger opponent.He needs all out fighting mode to fight those bigger opponents,Winning fights in controlled environment doesnt really mean you tough or 100% winning real fights outside the ring..and bruce lee is never a fighter cause he never fight competitively in the ring or even outside the rings say streetfights...he was a great teacher,philiphosher and extraordinaryly very physically fit

the part about Bruce Lee I agree,

but Fedor never faced tough oponents, what about Nogueira, cro cop, matt lindland, heath herring, renato and recently against ex ufc champion tim sylvia and andrei arlovski, dude I have a second opinion on that one. Brock Lesnar is strong I agree, but right now he doesn't have much fights to his belt, I really don't think he is Fedor match as for now, even Randy Couture says so.

PS: Kimbo Slice is a joke in my opinion.

I like Rich Franklin when he was in his prime. And the other one will be Genki Sudo..

Man, Genki Sudo has arguably the most badass epic entrances ever.

As for Fedor vs. Brock, i think that fedor is a more well rounded fighter (striking and submissions) whilst Brock's main strength would be his wrestling and physical size. I feel that fedor at this stage will take it due to his experience, but the weight advantage brock has over him (40 lbs i believe) will play a huge factor on the ground so you can't leave brock out of the equation totally.

ShitonKnees: Who do you think is next for GSP now that he has beaten Alves?

I'm curious as well, do you guys follow dream and the lightweight division?

i say bruce lee...most complete fighter...like it or not he invented the mma.hes way ahead of the fighters you see now..probably still is!
i would imagine him winning the first few ufc series easily...Not now..with those rules..i believe bruce lee did involved in few street fights before his death..i remember i read that somewhere....also his body almost reach the superhuman strength..

ShitonKnees: Who do you think is next for GSP now that he has beaten Alves?

I'm curious as well, do you guys follow dream and the lightweight division?

So far, i think the only fighter capable of facing GSP at the moment is Bj Penn. Though he suffered a heavy lost to GSP at ufc 100? ( correct me if im wrong) Bj's conditioning was awful. He has hardly, or never even gone the distance in most of his fights. So i think if Bj works on his conditioning it'll be a more even match up. Not to take away credit from GSP, he controlled that fight very well. BTW i follow mostly heavy, light heavy and middle weight.

Lol what a coincidence i was about to start a UFC thread. I'm currently a huge fan of UFC. You guys gotta catch UFC 103, gonna have 2 of my favs, Rich Franklin(jim carrey lookalike) and CroCop.

My favs would be crocop, franklin, forrest griffin, gsp, lesnar(although i think he's going to lose that belt real soon), kimbo(fun to watch).

currently machida seems to be on the rise, but his fighting style isn't really my thing.

And Fedor has not taken on any tough opponents? Sure, I guess everyone has their reason for hating on him.

Last edited:
Back