Martin D28 New Model Guitar Review in Singapore

champion

Martin D28...needs no introduction...this guitar has been the yardstick of measurement for dreadnoghts for a longgggggggg time.

Simple plain looking ...nice tight even grained sitka top that is braced without a forward shift and non-Scalloped braces(PERFECT FOR THE SINGAPORE WEATHER) ...indian rosewood back and side/Plastic bindings.

Non Scalloped braces- when you first play this model..it may sound a bit choke or subdue. Reason being its tight on the top..give it time and play this baby and over time when it opens ..the trebles will be clear yet articulate and the bass will become looser..louder too..over time due to non scallop braces.there is lots of headroom ..you can wack it without distortion.

Did it ever occur to you why all the Martin Guitar reinssues are based on a D28 model..coz they sound great over time.

play a new D28 and play a piece that is 6mths old...one year old or two or 5 years old...and you will know what I'm talking about. The martin aged very well..that is why you dont sell many used D28 Martin on sale here...coz most owners keeps it...if they are put on sale..they sell pretty fast...even at those shops that are consigned to.

This piece was bought new from City Music..the local disributor..

I've fitted the Martin Lifespan Mediums on it with the FMI saddle and lowered the action and straighten the neck. Why mediums? All dreads were made for Medium..plus I want it to be played and open up faster.

Listen to how it sounds and you tell me if this is a good piece or not.

LASTLY EVERYONE SHOULD OWN A MARTIN IN THIS GUITAR STABLE..

fb286c9a.jpg

146ac0b8.jpg

a708a603.jpg

283f73bc.jpg

Back