Mapex QR series

churnz

hi all,recently i have spotted the mapex QR seires and it seemed to have some features that attracted me.

QR series:
Construction: 9-ply [basswood]

Shell Thickness: 7.2mm

Other features:
-Color matched bass drum hoops with claw hooks
-Include matching basswood shell snare drum
-Non-penetrating Mapex I.T.S System
-Single-point-contact lugs
-Remo® drum heads

link:http://www.mapexdrums.com/drums/qr/index.html

1)Does anyone know the price tag for this drumkit?
2)for any one who has experienced using this drumkit,please kindly leave your comments about it thank you :D

Hi churnz,

I dun think there are many Mapex QR Series drumkits in Singapore, if there are it would probably be only a handful, reason is that right until now, there is no company that brings Mapex drums.

Drums Resources Music Place at #B1-13 Excelsior Shopping Centre, recently acquired the position to deal with Mapex Drums, adding into the already common brands here in Singapore. Thus giving more choice and options.

There is a Mapex QR series drumkit setup and ready for playing in the showroom. I will give the boss a kick in his arse later and get him to tune up the drumkit for you when you are going down to try that. :D

In my 2 cents worth of comments, the QR Series drums sounds great even with stock heads, given the criteria of comparison with the rest of the 2nd level entry kit. Resonates well with good amount of bottom.

Reviews, critics and comments are meant to be treated as added information based on what others think, it must never be conclusive to you until you try it out yourselves. Everyone has different ears and thus preferences. :D

hmm....how about in comparison with the pearl export fusion set at sweelee's?cuz i seem to have fallen in love with the pearl EX series,hahas,however,i still do not know the potential set as ive not played that exact set before...any comments?

get the set man.. its real great.. i've tried it out myself and it was superb... i think it was'nt tuned amirite?? but it still sounded great... it was fitted with a istanbul chinas and ride with a great deal of stick marks on it.. hee must've been a great set to jam with...

cheerious..

ooo....but the thing is...even though i like it alot,it's kinda over my budget by like...200 bucks so i dun think i'll be able to get it...*sigh*

on the other hand,when i made a call to sweelee's to enquire about the availability of the export series they said they ran out of stock and that it would only be available during the next shipment,WHICH IS IN DECEMBER,i waz like...wtfbbq..
so now im like...sian...
:(

Back