Looking urgently for Drum kit for a club/whatu recommend?

lazius

Hi guyz,

My friend wants to get some new gear for his club and wishes to find out what you advisee or recommendations you guyz can give as to which would be the best Drumkit to use for a club venue.

...basically needs something that is used for professional purposes for Live bands...it needs to impress the audience and captivate the sound of the drums..seriously!...budget between 2k to 4 k including cymbals

Capacity like St james power station boiler room or Zouk main room the one in the middle

what do you recommend and why??

Thanks in advance for your help :)

hey u can pm me for alvin's number man. he's selling peace sets, i played one awhile back, the maple kits sound pretty full, i was quite suprised by how easy i got them to sound nice. i suck at tuning by the way.

Bro Lazius

I use to frequent many clubs/pubs with Live Band and I always look at the Drum Kit they are using. Most Clubs use 5pc Drum Kit (space constraint - they told me), Yamaha Stage Custom & Tama Superstar Kit are the 2 Major Brand & Range I saw......so far I've only seen one Pearl forum but it doesn't sound good there......and I've not seen a club using the Highest End Drum Kit.....

The reason is because there will be many bands come & go play the kit.....and they provide basic cymbals (not Sabian B8 but I've seen Paiste PST5 - - - I saw a lot of them using Ziljian cymbals)....If the club Cymbals are damaged by the drummer, they don't replace it for the drummer (I have loan many of my cymbals to those drummers which are my friends) - the drummer need to bring his own cymbals after that. I don't see them providing double pedal also....but Batter head broken - the club change it.

The above are clubs doing the Top-40 stuffs. In a Jazz Club I only saw Gretsch (old round Batch but not in Mint Condition Drum) at Harrys, some other Jazz Clubs use Yamaha Manu Katche....

That's all I saw..just to share. Don't need the very very expensive kit in club...the soundman will do the rest I guess. Cheers !

i seen before ah pek and fairoz using dw for their nightly set.

rd is right, get a good soundman. good drums + lousy sound man = ..

=D

maybe u refering to what set fairoz is using now. that i am not sure. but it was a dw 6 piece set at china jump with whole loads of zilds and paiste cymbals.

hey lazius, u ever tried ayotte drums? their expensive abt DW's range. they have a wood hoop model and a steel hoop model. more of a vintage sound i find, less attack i find but more resonant than DW's.
not everyone likes them but they sound pretty awesome to me.

Bro blurred

You in Australia - the Home of Brady's Drum (did I spell it correctly).....I heard this is a very good drum because of the wood used.....you must have tried them before - Is it very very expensive in Australia too?

Back