Looking for players: post-rock, "jazz", experimental, alt-rock with a focus on improv

mrmoustache

Looking for players: post-rock, "jazz", experimental, alt-rock with a focus on improv

Guitar player looking to connect with other musicians interested in regular improv sessions – for the sake of musicianship and playing freely. I can't read shit.

The problem with a lot of improv sessions is that they can quickly turn to mush.

Perhaps you've encountered this on your last avant-garde, prog, noise, doom, musique concrete, jazz odyssey...

1. Someone doesn't know when to stop playing the solo for Freebird
2. Beginner players get too nervous that they don't dare to enter the jam
3. Players don't communicate for whatever reason
4. No one knows when/how to put a jam out of its misery

So, I'm hoping to meet a few experienced players (hopefully a bassist/drummer) to put a backbone together first. And with any luck, I'd love to bring in more players (all kinds/skill level). Improv can be super fun when it's vibing.

Here's an assortment of music I like: Tortoise, Boredoms, King Crimson, Casiopea, Charles Mingus, Bill Evans, Naked City, Phish, Merzbow, Sonic Youth, Isaac Hayes, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Toe, Tokyo Jihen, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Slint.

Hit me up if you're interested in helping put this thing tgt: 87 nine 2 5 zero nine 5

Re: Looking for players: post-rock, "jazz", experimental, alt-rock with a focus on im

I have a bassist and myself . We are from the east we would like to try��

Back