Little Martin or Baby Taylor?

Bertrand

Hey all. I'm thinking of getting either a little martin or a baby taylor. any opinions? :)

or should i just get a dreadnought ?

I'm not sure why you're contemplating between a travel size guitar and a full size dreadnought as they're so far apart in terms of application and character but if you want something inbetween I suggest the Taylor GS Mini.

I'm not sure why you're contemplating between a travel size guitar and a full size dreadnought as they're so far apart in terms of application and character but if you want something inbetween I suggest the Taylor GS Mini.

NO GS mini...it doesn't have any tone bars below the x brace so over time with the medium gauge 13s on it and our high humidity ...the top will swell badly and the bridge will start to lift which is very very common...unless you have a dehumidifier

Cheers

I agree with champion. We usually sell our GS Minis with a new set of 12s which we recommend our customers to change it too when they get the guitar.

Tried the Baby Taylor today and was quite disappointed with the tone and overall build quality, to be honest. Haven't tried the Little Martin before.

Bought a Crafter TRV-23 instead. Really really love it. And it's over a hundred dollars cheaper than the Baby Taylor too. So yeah, anyone in the market for a travel guitar can also consider the Crafter TRV-23.

If you want something slightly bigger, check out the Walden T550. I liked it as well but I found it a little bit big for a travel guitar, hence I went for the Crafter instead.

Both the Crafter and the Walden, like the Baby Taylor, have solid tops and laminated back and sides.

Last edited:
Hi i've actually tried another called Dove DT-220 travel sized guitar. It's sound is amazing and it's quite well received among my guitarist friends. It's quite a new brand so it doesn't really have much exposure. It's tone is definitely comparable to those of earth mini and baby taylor, best of all, it is very affordable!

It is currently available at a guitar blogshop in singapore, just look up dove DT-220 travel sized guitar in google ;)

cheers!

Hi i've actually tried another called Dove DT-220 travel sized guitar. It's sound is amazing and it's quite well received among my guitarist friends. It's quite a new brand so it doesn't really have much exposure. It's tone is definitely comparable to those of earth mini and baby taylor, best of all, it is very affordable!

It is currently available at a guitar blogshop in singapore, just look up dove DT-220 travel sized guitar in google ;)

cheers!

I have worked on a DOVE Guitar and they are great...value for money...great neck set plus great tone

sigma%20TM-15.jpg

i own the Sigma TM-15, not a fan of acoustic guitars but this one is one heck of a vlaue-for-money instrument. a Martin wanna be? it's not a 'wanna be' because Sigma used to be under the Martin ownership but not any more- hence the glaring similarities :)

Back