List of Places to try Cymbals

JieZheng

I have no idea where its possible...
i tried at Yamaha before but a bit paiseh cause alot of people around.
haha
im shopping for cymbals because i read the two stickied threads on cymbals and a lot was mentioned about its up to the drummer. its up to the drummer's taste. trust your own ears. etc

so i decided to try and get a list of places where i can try various brands before i buy so that i can make a correct choice.

also, i was wondering what are resale cymbals?

so at the moment

Yamaha - Zildjian
Swee Lee - Sabian & Paiste
Drums Resources - Istanbul Mehmet
Ranking - Meinl & Paiste

Last edited:
Aiya, try cymbal dunnid paiseh one. That time I went to try also got one guy beside me trying out XD

Anyways Swee Lee have Sabians and Ranking with Meinl & Paiste.

Can try ah? But I go Tampines Mall Yamaha, the guy sibeh guai lan, tell me, 'ehboy, dun anyhow touch can? expensive stuff leh, later you cannot pay ar!'

-.-

Anyway, can tell where Yamaha can try cymbals?

er.. plaza singapura?

they even have spare drumsticks in the drumstick holders for you to try the cymbals out

Did you try using your hands or your drumsticks?
You can always ask them first before you try :) I suggest bringing your own pair of sticks along too.

Oh okay. Does anyone know where any Istanbul cymbals are sold here in SG? Do they let you try too?

FYI, yeah, brought my sticks... always do... what could you get out of the cymbal using hands anyway?

Mehmet and Agop are brothers who have gone their separate ways. Agop is cheaper. The brand Turkish is even cheaper. I see no difference in the way cymbals were manufactured between Istanbul and Turkish.

Back