Job opportunities

Ahjon

Hey,
was thinking about could we set up a place in the forums for jobs opportunities?
Maybe not exactly job opportunities but an open chance to work in environment that SOFT is promoting?
Music and audio in singapore.
Creating a platform for events companies or studios or bands/musicians look out for interested parties in their respective fields.
In this way it allows SOFT to expand and getting more exposure of course not in monetary terms (i know its not part of the reason why James set up SOFT).
I realize that only people with contacts are getting into the industry relatively easier to those who don't have.

Creating this platform gives softies more chance to be exposed to the industry when they join or help out in live events.

This is just a suggestion. =)
Hope it goes through though.

For now, let those who wish to offer such job opportunities post in the kopi-tiam first. Until we see enough demand then we might create a section for it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm all for it! I'm so damn sick of eating maggi in office cubicles typing out data jargon..

I think it'll be good to lump all those ads needing a band last min, acting musicians for ads, etc, at least it's an easier way to check for musicians for both the employer and employees' side. Paid ones, of course, not to be mixed up with the Musicians Wanted section...

Last edited:
Haha bro ahjon I think u mean u hope this DOESN'T fall through, or this goes through. Fall through = fail = very bad & sad

OH!
hahah
pardon my poor english =D

yeah lets hope this goes through and SOFT becomes one stop for musician's "lobang"

I think theres not much hype yet cus SOFT isnt recognise as a place for hiring musicians yet.
If it advertises well, i believe there are potential though.

cheers!

haha thx skye.
maybe now we should have some actions 1st.
frequently when im doing shows or running events, i often talk to the organisers and other potential event operators about soft and they looked interested.
they said they often had trouble finding ppl to do a decent job and end up have to post at websites which had no revelance.

So. maybe ppl now should help out soft expand its exposure. =)
haha
not saying its nt popular enough now.

hoho, i know you, you don't know me ;)

You saw me perform at st james once remember? as a bassist? around slightly more than 1 year ago, :p After that I started playing the guitar till now

wow one of the best thread i've seen today...great suggestion i've been looking for jobs related to music..will be great if theres sumthing like that on soft

For now, we just have to wait for potential employers to post jobs that are related to music in the kopi-tiam.

If anyone has any leads, please post the details.

Back