Jacques Loussier Trio

joshie

as again i dont think many know about the up and coming Jacques Loussier Trio coming to town. they'll be playing at the esplanade on the 20th of Oct! tickets are pricey, but come on how often do you see great jazz concerts around?

drummer Andre Arpino will be in the trio and he's a rather steady drummer. they're are overall getting older and you should catch them as soon as possible!

I've never actually heard of this trio but man I'm sure it'll be a great show! I always learn something while watching good jazz acts perform. Should be good stuff!

Update with more info plus video to whet appetite :D

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-5844961261457755165&hl=en

Jacques Loussier Trio To Perform In Singapore
September 05, 2006

Singapore - French pianist Jacques Loussier is making his much-awaited debut here in Singapore at the Esplanade Concert Hall on October 20, 2006.

Fans of Eminem may recall that Jacques famously sued the rapper in 2002 for illegally sampling his song "Pulsion" for the song "Kill You."

Famous worldwide for his jazz adaptation of the classical masters, the legendary pianist will perform in Singapore with bassist Benoit Dunoyer de Segonzac and master drummer André Arpino. The trio are performing a selection of music from Bach, Debussy, Satie and Ravel.

Together, the Jacques Loussier Trio are famed for their peerless jazz interpretation of the works of Bach, Handel, Beethoven, Mozart and Chopin. They are also known as the Play Bach Trio after Loussier's first album, Play Bach (1959), a milestone in the development of the crossover genre. They have since sold over six million records worldwide.

Details
Title: Jacques Loussier Trio Play Bach
Date: October 20, 2006
Time: 7:30pm
Venue: Esplanade Concert Hall
Tickets: S$118, S$98, S$88, S$78, S$58 (exclusing SISTIC fee) from SISTIC outlets and Internet: www.sistic.com.sg

http://www.sistic.com.sg/cms/events/index.html?content=431

found the drummer to have excellent basics in his playing. obviously he has internalised the whole jazz section to be able to play at such a level - mixing classical and jazz into one. cymbalwork was great and hios strokes were certain and enhanced the song. overall it was a quite well put together performance. however their concert just didnt bag a punch, guess its due to their age catching up on them.

Back