Indie Music

tinkerbell

Anyone here into indie/Alt stuff
like the kind of stuff Greys Anatomy uses for their soundtrack. And 500 days of Summer's kind of soundtrack?

DUDE. U FORGOT THE OC. THE ORIGINATORS THEMSELVES OF INCORPORATING INDIE MUSIC TO THE SHOWS.

ok maybe not originators, i dunno, but definitely pioneers in pushing the bands they feature into the mainstream.

death cab, we are scientists, the walkmen, the killers, rooney etc all have been featured in the show. :)

other than that, FIFA OST always have killer soundtracks.

So, if I release a Cantonese Opera independently, that is considered Indie too?

well, that's what wiki says.

"In popular music, independent music, often generally abbreviated as "indie", is a term used to describe independence from major commercial record labels and an autonomous, Do-It-Yourself approach to recording and publishing."

if you're refering to the genre, it would be indie rock. (also taken off wiki)

"Indie rock is a genre of rock music that originated in the United States and the United Kingdom in the 1980s. The term is often used to describe the means of production and distribution of independent underground music, as well as the style of music that was first associated with this means of production.[1] Indie rock artists are known for placing a premium on maintaining complete control of their music and careers, releasing albums on independent record labels (sometimes self-owned and operated) and relying on touring, word-of-mouth, airplay on independent or college radio stations, and in recent years, the Internet for promotion. Musicians classified as indie rock are typically signed to independent record labels, rather than major record labels, although there are many examples of indie musicians switching to major labels mid-career. This practice blurs the lines between indie and mainstream music and is often the subject of debate amongst fans. Indeed, some bands that have spent most of their careers on major labels are still occasionally referred to by the press as indie rock because of their sound or aesthetic."

then again, this info comes from wiki...

Im_so_indie.jpg

So, if I release a Cantonese Opera independently, that is considered Indie too?

hey, anyone into cantonese opera in SOFT?
which one can you sing/play?

lately, i heard this new taiwanese singer + song writer + composer who had incorporated a section of a local opera (歌仔戏)into her song 身骑白马. Very well done.
oOps. youtube is down now.. can't paste link here.. but u can search by "超級星光大道徐佳瑩身騎白馬"

Last edited:
Back