In Each Hand A Cutlass - new album out soon and full songs up on Facebook!

Danelectrico

Hi all

It's been a while since I've posted, so I regret that this is a sort of marketing related announcement (I try to avoid the word spam ;) ). My band In Each Hand A Cutlass have justed posted a couple of songs from our soon to be released debut album on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/IEHAC - a new version of Glaciers (which you can hear is quite different from the one we first released in 2008), and the title track, A Universe Made Of Strings. It's instrumental music that could be called post rock, post metal, prog rock or whatever you will.

Both songs on the album were recorded by Leonard Soosay and Roland Lim, and mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren, of Opeth / Soilwork / God Forbid / James LaBrie fame. We put in a lot of blood, sweat, tears and dollar bills into this album, and we think it absolutely shows.

Of course we can't leave without telling you about our album launch at the Esplanade Recital Studio on Friday June 24, 9.30pm - tickets from Sistic are available here http://bit.ly/iY9HzE . This show will be a culmination of everything we've learned in the last couple years and we promise it will be an absolute corker - visually and sonically. We've not done anything as elaborate as that before and we might never again, so we hope you'll spare the time and dosh and join us for that.

Do give the songs on our FB page a spin...and don't forget to hit the "Like" button please. Thanks :)

I've listened the **** out of the 2008 recording of Glaciers in between your infrequent shows and can't believe the album is finally here. Got my ticket!

Certainly a lot more varied instrumentation that reflects the new lineup, compared to the older guitar-driven version.

Will there be any merch at the launch other than the album itself?

Back