Ibanez EDB basses

pethuel

hmm... anyone can advice me on my choice of bass?

i am currently choosing between these 3 basses

1)EDB600(4string) or EDB605(5string) (my first choice)
2)SR485(5string) (2nd choice)
3)BTB455(5string) (3rd choice)

anyone can advice which is a better choice in terms of the quality of sound and make of the bass?

i know that the neck for EDB605 is same dimensions as the SR series but wats the main difference other then the ergonomical body shape of the EDB...?

and EDB605 comparing with the BTB455? wats the advantage of having a 35" on the BTB? as compared to 54" scale on the EDB

mainly i like the EDB for the design and feel but not so sure on the sound quality as i am unable to try them out... is it worth the price to pay for an EDB?

Thanks a whole bunch...

quote: 54" scale on the EDB

8O that should read 34" yes?

the EDB600 is discontinued, you're lookng at a 2005 luthite body EDB605 to be precise. the thing with this synthetic material is, you just have to hear the tone in action. the DHX pickups in there are pleasant but if you are after a vintage voicing, these won't cut. the last time i tried the EDB600, there's some very smooth slap tones to be had from the bridge pickup.

the EDBs to date feature the foolowing body wood:

*400: basswood
*700: maple
*550/555: ash

we take the cue from Ibanez- luthite isn't selling...

with a longer scale length, you'd get a tighter feel (increased tension) if you employ standard tuning however, if you are accustomed to the BTBs, or you are too used to something slim-necked, be informed that the BTB is a departure in this consideration. however, if you like the bulk & would like something less overwhelming, the ATK is recommended 8)

Back