Ibanez confusion: J custom VS prestige VS USA custom

monk

I have been checking out ibanez these few days
i wonder what's the difference between J custom and prestige?

And is there USA ibanez custom? i was reading thought all these on the jemsite website.
I think they are referring to US custom as prestige? and it seems like the people there arent even really sure about the difference between prestige and j custom.

and yes, i saw this model RG 3320Q at sweelee, it has a gorgeous ebony neck.
However, i cant even find this model by searching online. Im not sure, but ibanez seems to be a little messy??

yes there are USA Customs , but doubt they still make them anymore.
it is listed on the headstock . rg750's are made in the USA too.

J-Customs are like Fender Custom Shop, Gibson Historics.
Prestige are like Made In USA Fenders
USA Custom is like J-Customs, but in USA.

I don know what the hell im talking. haha

you might have mistaken it for the RGT320Q
ib_rgt320q.jpg

USA custom is no longer in production

if im not wrong, they were once made in a factory in US. After which ibanez shift the factory to Japan, and that is where all j-custom and mij ibanez are produce nowadays.

J-custom are top of the line for ibanez follow by prestige.One of the diff between j-custom and prestige is the neck. You can find more information on jemsite actually, the ppl there know their stuffs eh, you just have to dig it out.

you might have mistaken it for the RGT320Q
ib_rgt320q.jpg

i think you might be right ..
i saw this similar guitar on the us ibanez website but it's called RG 320 Z. what's the difference between "Z" and "Q"
thing is, on the "RG3320Q" that i tried in swee lee, the fingerboard was really hard, very nice, doesnt seem to be rosewood at all (those on fender/suhr) .. any idea what kind of rosewood they might be using?

from what i know, J custom is similar to prestige ( they are both made by team J craft anyway ) but with real dimarzio pickups and cool bindings. also, J Customs are meant for the Japanese market. in any case, they are made with the best standards.

also, J customs usually come with different wood options like ash or mahogany instead of the ever so common basswood.

USA custom is no longer in production

if im not wrong, they were once made in a factory in US. After which ibanez shift the factory to Japan, and that is where all j-custom and mij ibanez are produce nowadays.

J-custom are top of the line for ibanez follow by prestige.One of the diff between j-custom and prestige is the neck. You can find more information on jemsite actually, the ppl there know their stuffs eh, you just have to dig it out.

The USA Custom shop was once known as the LACS division. I think they no longer function, and initially only made guitars for the artists and only rare offerings for the public.

LACS is still functioning and making custom guitars for artists though. There are numerous complaints about Ibanez is not having custom shop or option shop to public. LACS acknowledge the demand but they said they don’t have enough luthiers in custom shop for public orders.

im sure some of u guys have tried mny of these different ibanez
is there a significant difference in "feel" when it comes to the J-custom VS prestige?

LACS is still functioning and making custom guitars for artists though. There are numerous complaints about Ibanez is not having custom shop or option shop to public. LACS acknowledge the demand but they said they don’t have enough luthiers in custom shop for public orders.

Ahh... they still alive? I remember in the past there were a coupld of RG models with LACS on the headstock... but damn rare...

The most talk about difference between Prestige and J-custom aside from cosmetic is fret finishes. There was an argument about LACS and J-custom quality between LACS official and Ibanez gurus awhile ago, and conclusion is J-customs are the best in its' class.

to be honest, how many people are willing to shell out close to 3k for an Ibanez guitar? most would turn in the direction of other boutique offerings

IMHO, great guitars are the great guitars, doesn’t matter who made or where it is made or who play them. I don’t mind to pay 3K for an Ibanez and I know people who pay 15,000 S$ for limited edition Ibanez. Still nothing compare to PRS though.

the collector is devoid of brand sentimentality when it comes to parting with good cash to attain what he/ she wants.

Back