I need help with my guitar, please!! =D

L3on2k

Hi guys! I have this RR-like guitar.
I haven't been using it for awhile.
Was thinking of fixin' it up to use.

So here's the thing.
1.) I need new pickups in H-H Config. Any recommendations? Was thinking of SDs but I've really been a DiMarzio Person all this time.
2.) It has a floyd rose locking trem, but I was thinking of changing it to a fixed bridge, possible?
3.) I have a spare neck that does not have any locks on it, was thinking of switching the necks, good idea?

Thanks in advance guys! =D

1) SDs are pretty bang for the buck, if you're not particular about the branding and you could use the money you save then i guess you should look at SDs since they are cheaper

2)It is possible, but you have to fill out the cavities with hardwood.

3) I guess if you're comfortable with the neck you could change it, since you plan to change to a fixed bridge

These are my $0.02 worth

Thanks bro, hoping for more views on this. If anyone knows the rough cost of filling cavities at some shop, it'd be rather helpful.

1) It would be nice if you would state your musical preference so that it would be easier to narrow it down.
2) Either you get a tremel-no or you buy a new guitar with a fixed bridge. Not very worth it to just fill up the cavities.
3) In the first place, can the other neck fit into your guitar? Think about that first.

OH yes, how silly of me, I'm really into progressive rock. Was actually thinking of getting liquifire and crunchlab or air norton and dsonic combos like JP of Dream theater. But SDs seem more value for money, and they sound pretty good too.

I've got another trem guitar already, so was thinking of filling this one up. was just hoping to find a place where I can get it done cheap and well. gjkung has replied to me with a pretty good offer on this already. Thanks gjkung!

Yes, I should try fitting the neck in first. But I'm afraid of alignment and stuff. Surely it is more complicated than just changing a neck, no?

You have to check whether the spare neck fits your neck pocket or not, best if you bring it down to one of the shops to check for you. But what do you not like abt the current neck?

Yes filling up the cavity of the trem will not be cheap, but since you've gotten someone to do it for you go ahead I guess.

Pickup wise, the crunch lab and liquifire are an excellent choice, if I were you i'd go with it.

Back