I just got an email from Jason Schroeder that has killed my GAS.

Whitestrat

I ordered a Schroeder custom back in Jan 2009. It's been a bit of a wait, but the build has finally begun.

Details:
  • Shorty Style 22 Stainless Steel Jumbo Frets
  • Quartersawn Flamed Top
  • Lightweight 1 piece Honduran Mahogany Body
  • Honduran Mahogany Neck
  • Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard
  • 24.75” Scale
  • 2 Humbuckers
  • 2 Volume 2 tone (LP Layout)
  • 3 way switch
  • Graphtech Resomax NVS Bridge with Aluminium Schroeder Tailpiece
  • Schaller Locking tuners with pearloid pegs
  • 59' thickness, top carve and neck angle.
  • Lemon drop burst with cherry back.
  • Nitro Lacquer Finish
  • Ivoroid binding all around except headstock.
  • Custom MOP Inlays

Here are some pics of the initial stages:

Initial Top Layout
goldtop75-albums-schroeder-custom-build-picture27396-img-4580.jpg

Going thru the Thickness Planer
goldtop75-albums-schroeder-custom-build-picture27397-img-4586.jpg

Checking the center fit and alignment:
goldtop75-albums-schroeder-custom-build-picture27400-img-4594.jpg

Gluing the top:
goldtop75-albums-schroeder-custom-build-picture27402-img-4597.jpg

I'm so stoked! It's been a long wait, but now that it's begun, I've forgotten the agony! Knowing this is in the near future, it's sort of killed my GAS for a while until I get this... Nothing else is going to sate my appetite until I get this!!!

I'll update this thread when there's more progress.

Check out Home | Jason Z. Schroeder Guitars to see what the shorty design is like!

That is one sweet flame you're gonna get. Really appreciate you posting all the updates for us to drool over.

Just saw the website and really like the Chopper. The base price is Woolala! But if can afford, it will surely be worth it from the looks of it! What kind of pickups and inlays going in? The flame looks great!

Wah Lao Mr White.....steam man!!!

Waiting since Jan last year ! Bet its worth the wait.
Do keep us updated on progress.
Perhaps that would kill our GAS as well.:p

Can't wait to see pictures of the staining process!

It won't be a staining process. That's done when he goes for a faded look or something unusual. Mine will be a straightforward nitro spray. Unless he decides the flame doesn't pop up enough. But from the bare wood pics, I think that flame is quite substantial already... hahaha... That darker patch you see on the last pic is done by him adding a bit of water to bring out the flame. That's usually just for show.

Just saw the website and really like the Chopper. The base price is Woolala! But if can afford, it will surely be worth it from the looks of it! What kind of pickups and inlays going in? The flame looks great!

This is cheaper than buying a Gibson Historic Signature model. Hahaha!!!

The pickups will most likely be Skatterbranes. Rod and I are now discussing on what should go in. The electronics are a RS Guitarworks Modern Kit. The inlays are a design I've had with me since I was 18. It will be "spiced up" by Athena, who is Jason's Inlay genius!

Perhaps that would kill our GAS as well.:p

If anything, it'll probably give other GAS. It has killed mine because I now know this is coming in the near future. It'll be a great Christmas present to myself!

And it's CHEAPER than your UV777RE!!!! BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Last edited:
WHAT! If anything Lionel's post has STOKED my GAS hahaha. RicFreak how can you say that? BLASPHEMY! Haha.

Blasphemy?!!!!! THIS IS SPARTA !!!! Kick :p
hehehe.. what I meant was, we order one too from Jason. That would kill our GAS too, at least for a year... No?:)

hehehe.. what I meant was, we order one too from Jason. That would kill our GAS too, at least for a year... No?:)

Well, not really. Your GAS will go one for as long as until the built actually begins... THEN your GAS ends... I seriously have no desire anymore for any other guitar now that I've got this news. All my previous cravings, even for a Chambered R9, have gone... BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Lionel, you are indeed evil..........
Now I can't sleep, can't work, can't eat........:(

How do we go about ordering these Shroeders ah?:p

Lionel, you are indeed evil..........
Now I can't sleep, can't work, can't eat........:(

How do we go about ordering these Shroeders ah?:p

Just email him! Either Jason or his babelicious wife Elizabeth will reply.

This will be the most educational guitar purchase you will ever do. It's not likebordering a Gibson custom or fender or ESP custom based on an existing model. YOU define exactly what you will get. Wood choices, dimensions, configurations blah blah blah. It will be what you have wanted from a guitar from all your guitars. Great learning curve!

Last edited:
More pics!!! I'm getting these day by day whenever there's progress. Will update accordingly.

Gluing Body to Top:
goldtop75-albums-schroeder-custom-build-picture27435-img-4620.jpg

Preparing to cut: (wonder what all those guys standing there are doing... Hahaha...)
goldtop75-albums-schroeder-custom-build-picture27437-img-4632.jpg

Cutting the body shape:
goldtop75-albums-schroeder-custom-build-picture27438-img-4635.jpg

The rough cut body: LOVE that top!
goldtop75-albums-schroeder-custom-build-picture27434-img-4699.jpg

Back