Humbucker-sized P90s Shootout

Which P90 do you recommend?

• Total voters

Phanto

Hi all. After some deliberation, I have concluded that I would like a pair of P90s in my SG Standard. I am digging the bright spanking cleans, and edgy-ness with higher gain.

However, I cant decide on a great set of P90s. Plus, having the opportunity to try all these pickups and deciding is impossible.Thus I would like to conduct this poll to garner public opinion on their favourite humbucker-sized P90s. To help influence my descision.. please vote and state why those pickups deserve your vote..

Thanks!

Last edited:
do consider Gibson's P-94 as well...
star-wars-smiley-6451.gif

I was thinking of getting a pair too.

Quite interested in the Dimarzio super distortion P-90. Currently on sales at Sweelee. Going for $69.90.

Still looking for something else to compliment it though.

Still looking for a great pair of pups. Its a toss up between the Lollars and the Bareknuckles. Also, the tonerider rebel 90s have been getting favourable reviews across the web...hmm

keep them votes and comments rolling in boys! Hoping this thread will help others make a decision in the future too..

I'd like to throw one more into the mix.

http://www.manliusguitar.com/fatgoat.html

I was very very impressed with the humbuckers I got from him. I'm very confident these will be a superb choice for any guitar. Further more, you can talk to him and he'll get you what you want, higher output, lower output, whatever.

Just look at the price. Its a no brainer for someone on a budget.

Prices are all on his site. Shipping was 30USD Gold covers are 15USD each and nickel ones are 10USD IIRC..

Got myself a pair of gfs dream 90's.. Arrived slightly a week after i ordered..

Chose it over the dream 180 and mean 90, because it sounded better.. (had to do my comparission based on the vids on youtube)

I'm glad that its working out for me.. My main concern were the cleans.. However, the moment i plugged it, there were no more doubts..

pickups+shipping+conversion rate came up to abt 90+ SGD only.. :)

Back