how to sound your guitar to Guns N Roses Style

daslasher375

Ok, i noe it supposed to be in the How To Sound thread but I seriously need help.

You guys probably heard Guns n Roses where Slash, Izzy, Matt, Duff and Axl was still family, Very sad they broke up. But During those times were when their sound was rather unique, many other bands use the same sounds to but its that aggressive treble sound i want to obtain. So what pedals do you guys recommend of or know off that can produce similar sounds.

Yeah Thanks GUYS ALOT!!! And yeah I think is more of the amps and his SD Alnico II Pro Pups, if u actually see Guns N Roses Sweet Child O' Mine Video, the very beginning where Slash Plugs in his guitar, the "ear lope" of his les paul was sharp that can be found in most les paul copies, Gibson Les Pauls have blunted "ear lopes". But i read he used his Les Paul copies for recording, and still the sound is so damn POWER!!!!

ehhhh what earlobe??

i dont know but his tone varies throughout imo. live here different, live there different, studio this album is another and another album is another.

Buy all his signature stuff lor. So simple.
But to be honest, a lot depends on how well you play.
Go practice, and TRAIN YOUR EARS.

ehhhh what earlobe??

i dont know but his tone varies throughout imo. live here different, live there different, studio this album is another and another album is another.

The earlope thats what i call it hahah, its that part of a les paul that curves out to play leads and notes all the way to the last fret easily. HAha, true need to get slash's stuff. went to his fan site got many tips, firstly his strings, and anybody nows where to get ernieball power slinky, went to every luthier in town but all finish.

Haha. No stated budget, I'd assume unlimited funds lor. The original post was so vague.
Buy everything he ever used, then scrutinize videos for amp settings.

GLHF.

You can't really duplicate his sound exactly but I get what you mean.

For Appetite tone:

Guitar-wise, you MUST use a Les Paul due to its inherent sound. He used a really nice '59 replica built by the late Chris Derrig which Slash himself had said sounds better than any Gibson he's tried, custom shop included. An LP, preferably a Historic Standard or the Gibson Slash signature, with SD AII's might get you close.

For amps, which is the most crucial, IMO, he used a a rather special JCM800 rented from a studio that sounds unlike any JCM800 he's ever heard, according to him. Because it's unique and the studio refused to sell it, he himself can't quite replicate the Appetite tone. But a Ceriatone JCM800 or 2555 will probably get you close and they're very reasonably priced.

Effects I'm not sure but I think he just used a Crybaby wah and a talk box. I'm sure someone has better knowledge in this.

interesting read,
he owns 100+ guitar & most are kept entirely stock..
like abt that joe perry's 50th birthday part, quite a cool gesture eh

like this quote too-
"I just think of a particular type of guitar that will work for the song and grab whatever happens to be in the front of storage. I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do."
Guitar Player, 1/94

:shock: :idea: :p

Back