How to setup your bass

i would suggest every bassist at least attempt to fix and play around with set-up its an amazing cos u get intimate with the bass and u learn a few tricks for some serious set-up a lutheir or guitar tech is the best choice, as it need specialized skills and knowledge, for just the basic set-up muck around with the trus rods, bridges, saddles, etc..

Agreed. Just don't break your truss rods. Haha. Anyway, cheers to chern. Thanks for e guide:)

It takes more than just a wrong turn to break your truss rod.
Having it break while you're trying to adjust it usually means...

1. Your trussrod is stuck due to lack of use
2. Your trussrod is glued up and won't work because of bad workmanship
3. Your neck is screwed

Rule of thumb - if it won't budge, try lubricating first. If that doesn't work, don't force it.
So have fun doing your setups!

Sir,

Quote ...... " 2. Look at the space below the string - the space between the bottom of the string and the fret should be about the thickness of a 20 cent coin ......."

- I recently borrowed a bass book from the library, and with the help of a friend adjusted the trust rod. It is now so nice to play - I decided not to sell my Ibanez Bass guitar for the time being.

- One question - is the thickness of a 20 cent coin supposed to be uniform througout the length of the guitar fretboard? - Mine is not - should I do more adjustment ?

there shd be a slight bow. 20 cent coin is too thick. suggest u use your dad's credit card. then buy something off ebay.

Latest posts

Back