How to make high gloss look on Gibson LP Studio yellow satin?

fyanfaker

As the title saying goes.. I would like to know if I can DIY and not sending it to shop. Are there like any waxes or lacquer or anything? Or maybe could just list out any shop that does it? Can survey it maybe.. same exact model is as below.. please help! Would be greatly appreciated!
Les-Paul-Studio-Satin.aspx

Last edited:
Buffing is technique used to produce the high gloss finish. This requires high-quality buffing compound, buffing pad and a buffing machine. Buffing actually produces heat from the friction to the finish to get that gloss and will eat up some lacquer.

Now the issue is Gibson LP studio is normally finished with Nitrocellulose lacquer which is fairly thin and very easy to burn. Unless it is done by a pro, you might end up damaging the finish.
Hand buffing is also possible, but might not produce quality as good as the buffing machine.

Material wise: Turtle wax high grade buffing compound. You will also need the high gloss wax after buffing to get more shine.

Hey thanks a million for the tip. Sounds like a pretty bad thing to do so by myself. Buffing pad, buffing machine, turtle wax and high gloss wax. Thanks!

Back