how long did it take for u to play double strokes?!

how long did it take for u to play double strokes

• <2 weeks?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • <1 month?

• <3months?

• Total voters

lepids

just want to know how long did u take.. double strokes on the hands..
if u can play double strokes on the leg, can share also! :D

I'm still practising double-strokes. I want to play it as fast as some players I've seen.

Any tips? btw, would it only improve your agility? Would it help improve anything else?

honestly i did it within 3 days :lol:

heres wad i did...i practiced on my thick "bad rebound" carpet...patiently...den double stroked at the thinner "great rebound" carpet...hmm...haha...

its not that bad...for hands at least

but for legs...holy )*#&@ :lol:

a week or so.. practicing on my pillow. but speed isn't everything man.. if you can double stroke fast but can't do it slow and on tempo, it's pretty useless too. i can't do it slow. anyway, i'm no drummer.

3days?? a week??

i took 6months man! 10mins everyday.

and a year, to perfect it.

my instructor took 2years, but that's coz he did them for both traditional and match grips plus he practised with different sticks.

are you SURE you guys got it?

3days....man.

i'm quite surprised.. it took me awhile to play it properly.. if can hor, u guys post clips and let us hear yeah? i'll post mine soon. u guys give me ur comments!! seriously, i want to improve my double strokes!!

erm.

can i be honest?

you're depending too much on the rebounds. and you're right handed?
you're playing like
R R L l
(the second left is weaker than the rest).

meaning bouncing too much.

iansoh said:
ok la haven't got the double stroke.

somebody sounds like he's in a bad mood.

no no no. no lar. that didn't come out right.
i was just stunned.

really.

no offense.

and i'm a pretty jovial person, actually. ha.

hmmm... bounce too much? can explain abit..

for this RR LL part... i hit like normal and second stroke is actually a bounce stroke.. same goes for left hand. yah, my left hand is abit weaker.. :( still working on left hand.

sure. :)

simply put, you have to PLAY your double strokes and not bouce them.

not sure about you, but i changed grip just to get my doubles right.

i'm currently using match palms side(palms facing each other and not down when playing) so i'm use my fingers more than my wrists for doubles.

thing is when you hit your first stroke, there's a certain bouce right? when the stick comes back up(from the bounce), use your fingers(3rd 4th and 5th) to grip the stick again(your hand will automatically open up when you downstroke), and push the stick down to the snare again. THAT's your second stroke.

prac till all strokes are as even-sounding as possible.

:)

stressed. can u post a clip? want to hear ur double strokes. i watched the double strokes video again. talks bout volume consistency. yah, think my double cannot be called double strokes yet! arghh....

I took about three months to get it really right, 1st few months were frustrating as shit man! all the uneven bird shit all come out, basket. but it kinda paid off after i passed the three month mark.

Becomes more clear and concise, and the can alternate between single and double.. My instructor always reminds me to practise singles and doubles at the same speed.. eg:

200bpm 16th note

rlrlrlrlrlrlrlrl
rrllrrllrrllrrll

the just keep looping, that kinda stuf mainly.. Also paradidles and other different kinda strokes might help like the 5 stroke the 6 stroke 7 stroke, so on and so forth..

Just make sure your going on 90 percent wrist and 10 percent bounce. If you rely to much on bouce theres no control to your strokes.

Or if you use your fingers then its all good man! i personally would love to learn how to use the fingers. the worlds fastes drummer technique. been trying but danm its frustrating. lol!

Carpe Diem!!

arghh!! i know.. very frustrating.. hope we can have a drummers' outing one day and just learn from one another!

lepids said:
stressed. can u post a clip? want to hear ur double strokes. i watched the double strokes video again. talks bout volume consistency. yah, think my double cannot be called double strokes yet! arghh....

yup, lemme try to record something(though i've sold my kit...-cries again-)

Back